Chapter 1: Demon's Return

It has been a year and a half since Lisanna's death. Since then, Mirajane has lost her fighting spirit, except when training with Ryuga, and Elfman has grown stronger and, in his words, manlier. Ryuga, however, spent about a year with them, then left for a SS-Class quest. 

While he was gone, a few new recruits emerged. One such recruit was named Lucy. Lucy was sitting on a table listening to Natsu and Gray argue for what felt like the fourth time today. She was soon startled when Elfman burst through the guild doors yelling.

Elfman: "He's back! Ryuga's back!"

The guild went up in cheers. Cana was drinking heavier, Wakaba and Macao were smoking together, and Natsu and Gray were... laughing together? Lucy walked over to Mirajane, who was smiling brightly, and decided to ask her about the happening.

Lucy: "Mira, what's happening? Who's he talking about?"

Mirajane: "Ryuga's coming back! Isn't that great? Oh that's right, you've never met him."

Lucy: "Ryuga... Do you mean the Violet Demon!?" 

Mirajane: "That's him, have you heard of him?"

Lucy: "Have I heard of him?! He's one of the main reasons I wanted to join Fairy Tail so bad! I heard his power can rival even the ten saints, but is he really a demon?"

Mirajane: "That's right. Unlike many think, he's a good demon. Sure he can be a little cold at times, but he's always been good to Elfman and I. He's the one that trained me too!"

Lucy: "Whoa he trained you? That's so cool!"

Mirajane: "He was away on a SS-Class quest." 

Lucy: "SS-Class?"

Mirajane: "Oh that's right, no one has told you yet. Up those stairs is a different quest board for S-Class mages only. I believe his quest was to infiltrate and destroy a city of dark guilds."

Lucy: "An entire city?!? There's no way one man can do that!"

Mirajane: "Ryuga's super powerful."

The guild fell silent when a warm breeze pushed open the doors and filled the hall. Light footsteps could be heard creeping up to the doors, when out of the light came none other than Ryuga Shinsokai. 

Ryuga: "It's good to be back."

Mirajane ran up to him and smiled brightly.

Mirajane: "Welcome back!"

Ryuga: "Thank you. You're looking as beautiful as ever, my Demon Queen."

Mirajane: "Oh my, you're flattery is certainly getting you somewhere. You look as handsome as you are powerful." She spoke these words through a large, pink blush.

Many of the male members sighed when they saw Mirajane acting all flirty with Ryuga, but all of them had to say that they both were destined to be with eachother. Ryuga looked past Mirajane to see Makarov and Cana drinking together.

Ryuga: "Ah Master, I've completed the quest." He walked over to the bar, many of the members following.

Makarov: "Good, how did it go?"

Ryuga: "The infiltration and eradication went smoothly, however getting there was 90% of the trouble."

Makarov: "I see, I'm glad. Will you be staying long?"

Ryuga: "I might. Is Erza here?"

Mirajane: "She is out at the moment."

Ryuga: "I see." He looked over to Cana. "Drinking heavily as always?"