Chapter 5: Phantom Lord's Attack

Team Natsu was currently returning from a mission. They were laughing and smiling, since they just completed a mission. They walked up to the guild hall, but it had large, metal beams crushed through it. It looked like a pin cushion at this point. Mirajane soon walks up to them, with a solemn look on her face.

Erza: "Mira. What happened?"

Mirajane: "..It was Phantom Lord."

Natsu: "WHAT! Those bastards!?"

Erza: "That's not important now. Where is everyone? Are they hurt?"

Mirajane: "Luckily no one was here when it happened. They're all in the basement now."

She directed them to the basement, where Makarov was getting drunk as a horse. Everyone looked depressed, and distraught, but Natsu was one of the only ones who looked furious. He ran up to the master and started yelling.

Natsu: "Matster! We need to fight back against them!"

Erza: "Master I agree."

Makarov: "Ah you kids are too young to undershtand. Juhst let the old folksh handle thish." He slapped Lucy's butt then ran away.

Natsu: "Damnit! Why isn't he doing anything?"

Mirajane: "He can't.. the council strictly prohibits guild fights."

Gray: "Tsk. Is there nothing we can do?"

Erza: "Where's Ryuga?"

Mirajane: "I don't know. I've been trying to get in contact with him all day, but he disappeared."

Lucy: "Would he really leave at a time like this?"

Natsu: "He's probably already fightin them! We should join him!"

Erza: "No! What Master says is true. The council prohibits it."

Mirajane: "You're right. It's getting late, everyone should head home. Also, remember to stay in groups."

Lucy: "Good Idea."

-Timeskip-

In the morning, there was a crowd surrounding the South Gate Park. Lucy and her friends push through the crowd until they could see what was going on. Once they got through it, tears started to trickle down Lucy's face. In front of them, were Levy, Jet, and Droy, unconscious, and hanging on the tree by steel cuffs. While everyone was terrified and helping them off the tree, Makarov gripped his staff so hard it shattered. His aura cracked the ground beneath him.

Makarov: "I can tolerate the guild hall being destroyed, but NO ONE hurts my children! I declare war on Phantom Lord!"

When he said that, everyone got ready for a fight, but what they didn't know, is that two cloaked figures were overlooking the situation. 

Ryuga: "Guess we should get ready too huh? Mystogan."

Mystogan: "Yes. We must fight for Fairy Tail."

Ryuga: "They're most likely going to go straight to the main hall. How about we attack the subdivisions?"

Mystogan: "Sounds like a plan. I'll meet you back here in twenty?"

Ryuga: "Deal, I'll get my war outfit on."

They both disappeared, and when they did, Erza looked back with a confused expression on her face.

Twenty minutes later, Mystogan arrived with his full set of staves and a new and improved mantle. Ryuga wore his Royal Array, which consisted of a long sleeved top that showed off some of his chest, slightly loose black pants, a violet cape, golden elbow guards, and lastly, golden earrings with purple gems. This style of his consisted of many gold trimmings, which made him look like royalty whenever he wore this, and he was.. in the underworld that is.