Chapter 10: The Allied Forces

As the sun crawled through the blinds, into the small apartment, Ryuga woke to find Lillian sleeping soundly, next to him. He pushed her leg off from him and rolled out of bed. Once he was standing on the floor, he went to take a shower, and eventually, fix breakfast. As he walked out of the shower, he saw his aunt waking up from her slumber. Her silver hair was a mess, and her clothes started to slip off her shoulders. She looked at him with drowsy eyes, but he talked for her.

Ryuga: "Get showered and dressed. I'll have breakfast ready before you finish up."

She nodded and slowly walked past him, to the shower. Whilst she was taking her shower, Ryuga looked at his ingredients to find out what he should make for breakfast. Since he found out that he didn't have anything that could be cooked readily, he put on slightly better clothes and walked out the door. He walked down a normal path for him until he ended up in front of a pastry shop. When he opened the door, a small chyme sounded, and an older lady greeted him.

???: "Welcom- Oh, Ryuga! You're here? On a Thursday?"

Ryuga: "Well, Ms. May, I needed to get a quick breakfast for my aunt and I, since I didn't have any ready ingredients."

Ms. May: "Oh, oh, I see. What does your aunt like?"

Ryuga: "Anything sour. I'll take the usual."

Ms. May: "Okay honey, wait a couple minutes."

Ryuga: "Sure thing."

He sat down at one of the tables, near the window. As he looked outside, he saw the happy residents of Magnolia. There were children holding hands with their mothers, lovers kissing,  and families eating breakfast together. All in all, he was glad that the city was still intact after the incident with the Harvest Festival. Before long, Ms. May's son, John, walked over to Ryuga, with a box in his hands.

John: "Here's your breakfast. Two plum pastries for your aunt, and a Rose-fire pastry, with extra toppings for yourself. 400 J."

Ryuga: "No problem."

Ryuga took the small box from John's hands and gave him the money. Ryuga, still holding the box, talked to John.

Ryuga: "How's your studies?"

John: "They're going pretty good. I feel like I'm close to finally breaking through the research to find quantum magic!"

Ryuga: "That's awesome, I don't know any other magic scientists as skilled as you." John blushed a little and rubbed the back of his head.

John: "Oh please, I'm only the son of a humble pastry shop owner."

Ryuga: "Yes, but that pastry shop owner is the Witch of Wonder herself." He winked at Ms. May, who was standing behind the counter.

Ms. May: "Haha, no one knows that name anymore. It's old news."

Ryuga: "Us oldies still hold you in the highest regard. I'm glad you've taken to a humble life though."

Ms. May: "Yes, I've never been happier, and who knew my son would be this smart!"

Ryuga: "He's indeed a treasure. Well then, I should be going, my aunt is probably waiting for me."

John: "All right, see you."

Ms. May: "Have a nice day honey."

After waving goodbye, he quickly walked back to his apartment. Once he stepped in, Lillian was sitting on the couch, with wet hair, waiting for him.

Lillian: "You're back?"

Ryuga: "Yeah, sorry, I had to go get breakfast. No ingredients."

Lillian: "That's fine, where'd you go."