Chapter 2: Erza's Return

The sun shined brightly through the curtains in Lucy Heartfilia's house. A ray of sun over Lucy's eyes caused her to open them slowly and roll over. When she rolled over, she noticed the absence of a certain demon lying on the ground. She got up and without getting properly dressed, walked out into the dining room. There she saw a plate of food sitting there, with a note next to it. The food was still warm, so she picked up the note and read it.

Dear Lucy,

I have prepared a meal for your breakfast, and cleaned up everything. I thought it best to be out of your hair before you wake up; so please enjoy your meal to it's fullest. I'll be seeing you later at the guild hall, if you come by. Thank you for the night.

Ryuga

Lucy: "He really is a nice guy."

She smiled, blushed and sat down to eat. The breakfast consisted of two pancakes, strawberries, blueberries, and three slices of bacon. She quickly ate her meal and laid back in her seat with a heavy sigh. She got up and put the dishes in the sink; after that she took a shower, got dressed, and readied herself for the day. She walked out of her house and to the guild. When she got there, she didn't see Ryuga or the Master; so she walked up to Mirajane.

Lucy: "Hey Mira, where's Ryuga or Master?"

Mirajane: "Master went for a conference in Clover, and I think Ryuga is up the stairs looking at some S-Class quests."

Lucy: "Oh, I wanted to thank him for breakfast."

Mirajane: "He made you breakfast?"

Lucy: "Yeah, he left before I woke up, but he made me breakfast and left a note."

Mirajane: "He must really like you then." Lucy blushed.

Lucy: "W-What do you m-mean?"

Mirajane: "The only other people I can think of that Ryuga made breakfast for is Elfman and myself."

Lucy: "I'm sure he doesn't like me like he does you."

Mirajane: "I don't know what you're talking about, we're just good friends."

Lucy: "RRRiiigghhtt..."

There was a quick silence, then Loke bursts through the doors with a panicked look on his face.

Loke: "Terrible news, Erza's back!"

The guild went wild. Members were running and screaming, Nastu and Gray were hugging eachother, cowering in a corner. Lucy was confused and afraid as to why the members were acting this way.

Lucy: "Just the mention of her name throws the guild into chaos."

Mirajane: "Well she is the strongest female wizard we have."

Footsteps were heard approaching the guild, but unlike Ryuga's, these footsteps were heavy and loud. The footsteps rumbled throughout the town. Guild members started to murmur to each other.

Natsu: "That's Erza, that's definitely her."

Elfman: "No kidding, she's getting close."

Soon the doors opened, revealing a giant horn and a redhead carrying it. She set the horn down, with a crash, and looked up with a stern face.

Mirajane: "Welcome back, Erza."

Erza: "Where's Master?"

Mirajane: "He's out at a conference in Clover."

Erza: "I see."

She then started tearing through all the guild members. Whether it was for dancing on tables, or for drinking too much. She soon stopped to take a breath, then continued and kept at it for a few minutes. After she got about everyone in the room, she turned back to Mirajane.