Chapter 11: Birth, or Creation?

-Thousands of years before the present time, Demon God's castle-

A younger Ziminiar was sitting next to a younger Lillian, gazing at the sky of the underworld. He took a heavy sigh, and Lillian looked over at him, guessing what he was thinking.

Lillian: "Still worried about being unable to have children?"

Ziminiar: "OI! Don't say it out loud!"

Lillian: "It's no secret, you know."

Ziminiar: *sighs* "What am I going to do? I want a son to rule this place when I eventually die."

Lillian: "Don't write yourself off as dead so soon. You're a Demon God; there's no telling how many thousands of years you'll live."

Ziminiar: "But without a son, what's the point?"

Lillian: "You really want a son huh?"

Ziminiar: "Isn't it the same for you?"

Lillian: "Well.. I do feel like something's missing."

As soon as she said that, Ziminiar jumped up and grabbed her hands.

Ziminiar: "Oh, I know! Let's make a child together!"

Lillian's face morphed into one of anger and she slapped Ziminiar across the face. Steam started to rise up off the handprint that was residing on his face.

Lillian: "Don't be stupid! We're siblings! And you can't even make a child in the first place!"

Ziminiar: "Ow, that's not what I meant!"

Lillian: "Huh?"

Ziminiar: "Let's use our magic to create one!"

Lillian: "You can't be serious right? That's never been tested before."

Ziminiar: "We can be the first to test it then!"

Lillian sighed as she gripped her head.

Lillian: "Seriously, you always have the most reckless ideas. What would the people think if we suddenly show up with a son?"

Ziminiar: "Hmm. Good point..." There was a short pause whilst he was thinking. "Oh, I know! We can just call it my son, and you can be his aunt, like normal!"

Lillian: "I don't know, little Zimi. If we mess up, the baby could die."

Ziminiar blushed at his older sister calling him that, but he had a serious face nonetheless.

Ziminiar: "Lillian... I think it could work. Don't you also want to have someone like a son?"

Lillian: *sighs* "Fine, whatever! We'll try it."

-Timeskip-

Ziminiar and Lillian were standing together in a dark room, with sweat dripping off their foreheads. Lillian chuckled slightly as she looked at her younger brother.

Lillian: "Don't tell me, you're getting scared now?"

Ziminiar: "Of course not... I'm just thinking of what to name it."

Lillian lightly smiled and put a hand on his back.

Lillian: "We can think of that once the spell works."

Ziminiar smiled and they both steeled their nerves. They put arms together, making a cradle shape, and chanted a spell.

Ziminiar/Lillian: "River and mountain, flower and wind, angels of the north and demons of the south, the cycle of life and death begins again... SUMMON!"