Chapter 20: The Witch of Wonder

Knightwalker took a step towards Ryuga, but he lifted his hands innocently.

Ryuga: "Are you really going to fight a man with chains on his hands?"

Knightwalker slightly growled and swung her spear at Ryuga. Mystogan flinched, but he was confused by the sound of metal hitting the ground. Knightwalker had purposely aimed for Ryuga's cuffs. Now, with his hands free, Ryuga picked back up his spear. 

Ryuga: "Before we start. Are you sure you want to do this?"

Knightwalker: "What do you mean by that? An impressive foe has shown himself before my spear. How could I not challenge him?" 

Ryuga's face changed as he looked at Knightwalker with what seemed like pity in his eyes. Mystogan, having seen this sympathetic look of Ryuga before, sighed and stepped back. 

Ryuga: "Very well. Ready yourself. This will be over before you can even realize that it has started."

Knightwalker: "How woul-!"

Before she could finish her thought, Ryuga's speartip was already at her forehead. A wave of wind followed, causing the horses around them to start running away. Hay was kicked up by the gale, and Knightwalker's body could not handle the fright she felt. She dropped to the ground and passed out from nothing but fear. Ryuga looked down at her with a sorrowful look.

Ryuga: "I told you to ready yourself."

He dropped his spear and looked at Mystogan. Mystogan almost jumped when he saw Ryuga's face darken. This was not the same apathetic face that had scared him earlier. No, what this was, what Mystogan felt, was like looking into a fire that consumed anything in its path. Ryuga's anger was kindled, and Mystogan knew that he would no longer be able to calm Ryuga down.

Ryuga looked away from Mystogan and focused his eyes on the Magnolia Lacrima. The lacrima started to shake and crack, but Ryuga's angered face quickly looked confused. He wasn't the one who was causing the lacrima to break. Guards stopped trying to find the fugitives and started running towards the lacrima. Ryuga and Mystogan saw the king look out at the lacrima from a balcony with a bewildered expression.

The sky turned bleak and dark, as blue lights, being comparable to stars, started shining in the gloomy sky. Everyone present felt their hearts getting heavy as an ominous aura overflowed within their veins. Some citizens who were weak-willed even dropped to their knees in terror.

Mystogan felt cold sweat drop off his brow as he was just as frightened and baffled as the rest. He looked over to find Ryuga chuckling. He was going to question it, but Ryuga answered before the question came.

Ryuga: "Haha, those idiots. They've pissed off someone even I dare not to anger." Ryuga looked at Mystogan and smiled. "Pay attention, Mystogan. This is the power of a human who has defied her race's boundaries."

Mystogan: "'Her'? I don't remember anyone in Magnolia being this powerful! This level of power is beyond even the Ten Wizard Saints!"

Ryuga: "Yes. It wouldn't be incorrect to say that she has achieved something no other human has ever come close to." 

Mystogan looked at Ryuga's hands to find them shaking. Whoever this person was, to be able to make even a Demon God weary must be on par with a god of some sort, in terms of might.

The lacrima started to violently glow. This glow was so bright that the onlookers had to shield their eyes from it, but Ryuga's smile never left his face as he stared at the lacrima. 

Ryuga: "Behold! The power of the Witch of Wonder!"

The lacrima finally burst, sending shards raining down on the city. Once the light subsided, the spectators watched an old lady with a terrifying smile walkout from the dust. Her eyes were glowing a bright azure color. Even the very ground quivered from her power. Mystogan's eyes widened as he recognized who she was. She was the owner of a small bakery in Magnolia.