Chapter 6: The Tower of Hell

Natsu, Lucy, Erza, Gray, and Happy were currently sitting on the beach outside the resort. Loke gave everyone tickets to this super fancy beach resort. Basking in the sunlight, Gray made a loud sigh. But he was surprised by what came after.

Ryuga: "Ain't that the truth."

Gray: "Euh!?"

Gray almost jumped out of his chair when he heard that voice. He looked to his right to find Ryuga staring at the horizon. Erza, Lucy, and Natsu, who were also sun-tanning, looked surprised as well.

Gray: "When did you get here?"

Ryuga: "Hm? I've been here the whole time."

Lucy: "No no, we've been here half a day and I haven't seen you once."

Ryuga: "All that means is that your observation skills are lacking in quality."

Natsu: "I thought I smelt you somewhere."

Happy: "Yeah, right before you plunged into the pile of food."

Erza: "Anyway, we're glad you're here, Ryuga."

Ryuga gives her a small smile before gazing back off into the horizon. Erza didn't realize it before, but the rays of sun reflecting off the water looked to be dancing on Ryuga's chest. Before she could enter a fantasy, she was disturbed by the look on Ryuga's face. He looked a little disheartened. She could not tell what from, but he almost never showed any other face than an apathetic one. However, before she could ask if he was all right, Lucy beat her to it.

Lucy: "Ryuga, you're making kind of a sad face. Is everything okay?"

Ryuga touched his, as if he had no idea he was making such a face. He let out a sigh and spoke.

Ryuga: "I'm not sad. It's just.. I feel like something annoying is about to happen."

Lucy: "I don't know if I understand."

Ryuga: "Kind of like the feeling of a mother who wakes up during the middle of the night to her crying child."

Natsu: "Huh? I'm not following at all."

Ryuga: "Never mind."

Lucy: "Well whatever happens, I'm sure we can get through it, right, Erza?"

Erza: "She's right. No matter what, as long as we have each other, as long as we have Fairy Tail, we will push forward."

Natsu: "Yeah! Fairy Tail's unstoppable!"

Gray: "I agree."

Ryuga: "I guess so."

-Timeskip-

The group, except Ryuga, were hanging out in the casino. Ryuga was in his room, talking to his father through holographic magic. Ziminiar was a spitting image of Ryuga, however, he had a rough beard, and one of his eyes had a large scar over it. He carried the same trademark white hair and violet eyes, although his right eye was pure white due to the injury.

Ziminiar: "My son, it's been too long."

Ryuga: "Indeed it has father. How is the underworld?"

Ziminiar: "Our subjects miss you, but they are prospering. Are you enjoying Earthland?"

Ryuga: "Yes. I have met some very interesting humans, and I am still in the guild known as Fairy Tail."

Ziminiar: "That's good. But how are you? Are you enjoying life? Maybe have you thought about taking a concubine yet or something like that?"