(6) Hand in the (Missing?) Cookie Jar

So, Valine wanted a list of the characters so far. I can understand how confusing stories can be that have tonnes of different characters...

So here we go:

MAIN CHARACTERS:

Jimmy (James) Hansen Dia -

The main character. He's the messed up kid who lives his life with the idea 'If I act insane, it'll be more likely that I can justify having a mental breakdown...' He freeloads off of his best friend, Terrance.

Terrance Jermain Walker -

Jimmy's best friend. His grandfather died in jail after committing a crime that has not yet been revealed :) He's built like the abominable snowman and just as intimidating. Though, inside, he's really just a gentle giant.

Shelly -

Real name; Michelle. She is a girl with an attitude. She is loyal and believes in helping those who need it. She is anti prejudice, anti discrimination and anti bullying. She is also Mel's best friend. Shelly rebels against authority in her own subtle ways.

Mel -

Real name; Melissa. She finds it hard not to meet someone and instantly judge. She is Shelly's best friend, and though the two are complete opposites in personality, they get along extremely well. (Mel is the kind of girl who loves a good gossip and likes to be popular).

SUB CHARACTERS:

Walter -

The headmaster of the school that the main characters attend. He is a chubby but rather short, old man. He is easily intimidated but relaxed in school discipline. He loves a good laugh.

Gus Dia -

Jimmy's mysterious cousin...

I hope that helps :) let me know if I've missed anyone out. I am aware of there being two names mentioned in Shelly and Mels' continued conversation on the bus the first time they encounter Terrance (I think it was a 'Justin' and 'Tina'). These names are not important and probably won't appear in the story at all... they MIGHT turn up again as an explanation, but it depends.

A character that will eventually be explained as a back story is Terrance's grandfather (remember, he's the one who died in jail).

Enjoy...

The Screw Up (A.K.A The Boy - Jimmy) :

After Terrance had disappeared upstairs, I sat, eyeing the money. There's just something about crisp, clean notes that makes me want to pick them up and run.

D'ya know what I mean?

But hell, I didn't want to put in jeopardy, a friendship that had lasted nearly my entire life. Not so soon after that heartfelt promise anyway.

I stared at the notes before reluctantly placing them all into the biscuit tin. I put the lid back on the old, dilapidated piece of junk and placed it on the counter next to Toasty the toaster.

(What? So you can call a hoover, Henry, but you can't call a toaster, Toasty?)

After a few moments hesitation, I turned my back on the tin and left the room. I flicked the light switch into the 'off' position in the process.

Five minutes later, I yielded to temptation and ran back into the kitchen, not bothering to turn the lights back on in my hurry.

I went straight to the biscuit tin and yanked the lid off.

I smiled as I stuffed a wad of 10's and 20's into my pockets.

I left the kitchen after I was satisfied with my crafty attempt at putting everything back as it had been before my intrusion.