A long way from home

As I regain my consciousness, I quickly notice that it was... warm. I can feel both my fingers and toes. As I open my eyes, I was at the medical bay of the ship, but something was off. I can see that the panels were rusted, and some were about to fall off. When the door open I recall the screech it made and someone wearing a white lab coat, black glasses and have a pony tail hair style. "Well I should have known Nova my friend even you have brought me from the dead. Where is everyone?" I can see her face looking down and I knew what it means. "Sadly, for us, were all that left. Just Mia and the both of us. The others didn't make it." "Do you know where Mia is? "She is relaxing by the observation bay. However, I need to do a quick check up on your health. To be blunt with you, you should have died yet you live...somehow. Your core body temperature when she brings you here was around 15C (59F) and your body have signs of frostbites." I couldn't believe what I am hearing. "how in the hell am I still alive?" She began to flip some notes from her data pad that glitching out and ready to fall apart. she then looks me in the eyes. "I do not know. Maybe from the chemicals injected to your body haven't expired yet, Maybe the cryo pod or your suit was one in a million chance, or your will power. Believe me I do not know. And you should be good to go grab Mia and bring her to the bridge of the ship we have much to talk." As I was walking towards the door Nova said something. "Before I forget, you will how do I say, Pee out the Chemicals in your bloodstream. So, don't panic if it become black or something. If it keeps doing it for a week then talk to me." I just shock the feeling off my mind and continue to leave the room before she tells me something I don't want to know.

As I left the room, the entire ship has seen better days. Just like the medical bay area the interior is rusted to the point where the paint came off. As I continue walking towards the observation bay, I was meet with an obstacle as some of the support beam collapse, so I was force to crawl under it. Continuing on my path, I reach the door luckily for me, the power was still on. When I enter the room, I saw Mia looking out the window and see a familiar planet. "You know, before we sleep, the planet looks like it was dying yet 1000 years later, its back to the same colorful green I see in books." Man, I'm going to feel like an A-hole. "Nova wa-""I know Lets go." Well that was easy.

As we navigate our way to the bridge, Lisa began to hum a tune. About 5 minutes of walking, we reach the ship bridge and Nova was sitting on one of the chairs by the table. We all to a seat at an empty functional chair. "good were all here I will get to the point. We were asleep for longer then expected." I kind of knew the risk that we all were taking when we enter cryo sleep. "For how long? 5, 10 years?" "Times that by a twelve thousand." Her words echo throughout the room. "So, you're telling us that we sleep for that long? I'm no scientist, but that's impossible." "Yet here we are. If you don't believe me take a look." She brought out a computer which had the security feed open and et 12,000 years of surveillance fast-forward to 3 minutes. The three of us stood silent for what seems to be an eternity until Mia broke the silent." What now?" Nova began to look at her notes then turn her head towards us. "I have a theory; many ships have left before us. So, my guess is that they have found a suitable planet and have begun to live there. With all this talk about a new planet, I feel like she is hiding something from us. "Why not just go back to earth. I mean if you give me time to check the landing gears and fuel, we could land." I can see cold sweat running down her face. "We'll you see...how should I put this." She then opens her data pad and switch to a live feed of a recon drone we built. Next thing we saw was a hominoid creature that have a yellow eye color, Wearing a yellow suit, holding a gun that appears to shoot...ink, and have black marking between the eyes. As we zoom out of the camera, we can see that it is engaging combat with other humanoid creatures wearing black suit, yet their hair has suction cups on the outside and does not have black markings bridging the eyes. She then set her data pad down and begin explaining. "With due time, Life begins anew. I believe that there are no more humans on earth, but a new dominating species have taken our place. I do not know what they call themselves, so I will call them creature A. Creature A base on my analysis are descendant from squid. I do not know much information as I am a medical doctor NOT an Aqua Marine biologist. Now creature B is interesting. Creature B also are descendants from aqua life. They are related to octopus. I do not know anything about them as of now, but we do not know the air is hazardous to us, water is polluted, anything about the planet in fact. Another note, our ship is down so Max we will be relying on you before we run out of air." Seems int- WHAT! WHAT DO YOU MEAN UNTIL WE RUN OUT OF AIR?!?!" "Stop panicking we have about few weeks left. I am sure you can build a new one it until then. We will need supplies." "Maybe dying in the capsule wasn't a bad idea." "C'mon Maxie Max think about it. The thrill, the chills, the rush, And I'll go down there and gather supplies for us." "I disapprove the idea, yet we have nothing to go on. Looking at the map, the launch bay is down so I will have to restore the teleporter station before I send you down there." Nova began to set her data pad down and look me in the eyes. "How long do you think it will take?" "Hard to say since I haven't seen the damage yet but three days tops if I have the tools, a week if not. Other then that I would have to work all night. And to make sure we have power before the ship turns on zero-g's and with how the ship is doing, it might be our tome if that happens." I can see Nova is having a headache then look at us. "Get it done by tomorrow morning we need to keep moving. Mia Follow me, we have a lot of work ahead of us. Max Find anything that's still works and use it." We all got up from our seats and went to work immediately. "Maybe dying in the pod wasn't a bad idea.

Somewhere in octovalley

Marie: What's the matter agent 4?

Agent 4: I feel like were being watch from somewhere.