Expedition into the unknown

Well I don't know how, but I did it. The teleporter is fixed to the point that its operational. It only took me 20 hours of sparks flying on my face and dim lights. Just wish I had the parts to cover the exposed wires, but supply are low. As I was sitting down on the floor, not even a minute of relaxing Nova and Mia enter the room. Mia seems to be wearing our black space suit that clearly been modifying to be an radiation suit. "Relax another time. Is the Teleporter ready?" "Yes, it's ready. Luckily for us I still have tools and a light source." Nova was inspecting Mia to see if there were any holes in the suit. She then gave here some bottles and tubes. "Look Mia, we need water sample, air sample, and soil sample. Do you understand me?" Mia was putting the tubes and tools in her backpack. "yep, understood, confirm, absolutely." I can see that nova was getting irritated look I love you but please keep quiet. After you get the samples bring it here and I will examine them and make sure your detox. I do not want any disease when you get here. Before Mia step on the teleporter, I handed her a remote. "Don't lose it when you have the sample press the button for a recall, and make sure you don't die." Mia just skips to the teleporter pad and waited for me to input the codes. "You'll be transported in the forest, just head east for 3 miles to collect water sample. Other then that everything is within arm's reach. You ready?" Mia gave me the ok signal and with the switch flip, the room erupts into flash of bright lights. When we open our eyes, Mia was gone and we knew our work just getting started.

There was a bright flash of light and my ears were ringing. When everything settles down I hear something I though I never hear again. I can hear the birds chirping, the calm winds that was blowing in the trees that rustles the leaves, Not getting scream at by people what want you dead. It was almost like a dream until in my bag I can hear Nova yelling in the radios. "Mia respond, I repeat Mia respond." I quickly reach into my bag and respond. "Mia here I still alive so no need to worry tee hee." "Mia, I swear someday I will snap but today I am glade your safe. I have one of the drones follow you. Do not worry it has a field cloaking ability's and security measures, so you'll be safe. Also, in the bag I left a hunting knife in there so you can get the soil sample better and make sure you do not die to unknown wildlife. We will be watching. "Okay big sister." I set the radio back in my bag and pulled out a compass and headed east."

---

Somewhere in inkopolis square

Man today is a perfect day. Enjoying my shake, had a couple matches of turf wars, my day off, nothing will rui- Then a ringtone follows by vibration emitted from Agent 4 pocket. "Hello?" "4 meet us at the cuttlefish shack its an emergence. "I'm on my way." So much for my day off.

As I got to the shack, I can see callie, Marie, and three were talking. Three turn her head towards me. "Your late." "Sorry came here as soon as I could. So, what's this about?" I can see Marie begin to straighten herself out before talking. "It will seem strange, but the radar sensors went off in Octo Valley I need you two and eight to investigate to see if were not dealing with Octavio." "It could be malfunctioning, but we'll investigate right away." I can see that three is not her confident self. "Yo three something happened?" "call it a gut feeling that something is not normal." "And being an agent is? C'mon let's go I was supposed to have a free day." Just then, Eight appear as we are about to leave. Three throws her weapon and told her to follow us.

---

"So what happens when I collected the samples?" "You will return to the ship and we will detox you and the suit" Why did I volunteer the water is going to burn. "Can You bring Mr. Quack when I get detox?" I can hear muffles sound behind the radio follow by kill me "I will allow you to bring Mr. Quack." "Awesome." As I continue heading east for god knows how long, I came across a lake. Within the next moment I can hear Nova telling me to collect it. I collect the water and follow back and collected some soil samples and bottle some air. "Got it returning to base." before I press the remote, I see in the distance some humanoid creature which Nova called them creature B. I crouch down and move in to try to get closer to them. They appear to be talking in some unknown language. Next thing I knew, THEY EXPLODED. They burst into teal color ink. I can hear Nova telling me to collect the ink. Waiting for the right moment, about three creatures appear from the bushes they began to talk to each other then moved on their way. Then they got enough distance I appear out of the bushes and collected some more samples. I though I was safe to go back to the ship until the same teal ink were trying to shoot me. Apparently the same creature we say last time in the drones feed. The creature was pointing at me, It didn't take a genius to know he was calling for his friends. I bolted out of the area while avoiding the ink.

I don't know how long I was running, but I was starting to get tired. The things seem to be swimming in the ink just to catch up to me. One flue over my head, and I couldn't resist. "MISS ME MISS ME NOW YOU GOT TO KISS ME." While I said those words, they stop and were communicating with each other. Sadly, I couldn't understand any of it. "Nova getting any of it?" "Yes I am getting it. The drones have a cloaking field ready us it to teleport back to base." Within seconds, a drone appear out of nowhere and made me invisible. I went to my bag and activate the remote and I was sent back to the same room before I was teleported. "Good you're here, Give me the samples and detox yourself. We have lots of work to do with so little time." "yes mama."

---

"What the hell was what?" I can hear both Callie and four were discussing about the abnormal creature. The black creature were unusually tall and talking in a tone that almost like it was taunting us. Then Marina snap us back to reality. "Return back to base and stay together we don't know anything about that 'thing' is." We all received our orders and return back to base. However, something was off like I was being watch. As I turn around, there was nothing there. I though my mind was playing tricks with me, so I press forward. When reach back to base, Callie, Marie, and Cuttlefish were looking at pictures of the creature we saw. "So, any ideas what we saw?" They all turn in unison and ask eight about this thing. "Is this part of Octavio weapon?" "No, I never seen anything like it before." Eight committed on it. We were all discussing on the thing until Callie mention something we overlook. "Didn't it talk or something." We were all dumbfounded and I reach to a recorder I keep in my front breast pocket. When I hit play, we were all still confuse on what the creature said before Cuttlefish began to talk to himself. He ask if he can have the recording. I handed him the recording and with that, Marie told us we were free for the day. I really want to investigate what that thing is so I ask Cuttlefish if I can assist him. He accepted my offer and I went inside the shack with him along with the squid sisters.

---

After I collected the samples from Mia, I went to my lab and have everything set up. I knew the chances the humanoid speech our language were low so I had my drone follow the group chasing them and collect any data without getting caught. With the group of them talking for some time, I was fully confident in having their vocabulary and request Max to build something that can close the gap with the language gap. For now were on we all are on barrow time.