nine

-it's still the same day by the way—
c: "i'm gonna go pick up chaeyoung now since her parents are still working."
y/n: "okay,"
c: "wait for han to come pick you up and when you get to the school, hold his hand. i know it sounds weird but if you don't then they won't let you in."
y/n: "why won't they let me in?"
c: "since it will look like you don't have someone you're going with."
y/n: "oh okay,"
c: "well i have to go, see you at school!"
y/n: "see you too chan!"

guess i have to wait a little bit for han.
—a little bit later—ding dong—
i quickly got up and opened the door.

h: "hey-oh wow you look gorgeous."
y/n: "thank you, should we go now?"
h: "o-oh uh yeah."

i then left with han to his car and we had a conversation as he drove.

y/n: "so are you excited?"
h: "yep, what about you?"
y/n: "same, and chan said i have to hold your hand when we get to the school."
h: "weird,"
y/n: "he said it's because we can't get in if we don't have someone we're going to be with."
h: "that makes more sense now."
—at school—
we got out of the car and started heading towards the entrance of the school. then i remembered how i had to hold han's hand so i grabbed his hand and intertwined it with mine. when i looked at him i could see his cheeks turning pink.

he looked so cute when he was blushing. of course i can't tell him that. after we got in we went to the table where our friends were.

cb: "look who's here now!"
c: "great! now everybody is here!"

han and i then sat down next to each other and started talking with everybody. everything was normal until nayeon, dahyun, and tzuyu started fangirling over something.

f: "uh are you guys okay?"
n: "what do you mean?"
f: "you look like you're fangirling over something."
d: "you guys are blind so you can't see why we're fangirling."

we were all confused until hyunjin followed their gaze.

hj: "oh i see why they're fangirling, y/n and han are holding hands."
c: "what?!"

i then realized i never let go of han's hand when we entered the school. han and i then quickly pulled our hands away from each other.

y/n: "it's not what you're thinking! chan said i had to hold his hand while entering the school so people could know we came together, so we could come to the dance. but i forgot our hands were intertwined."
c: "hopefully,"
mh: "overprotective,"
c: "shut up."
w: "let's just go dance now."

then we all got up and went to the dance floor.
—thirty minutes before the dance ends—
i didn't feel the best so i went outside to the back of the school since there was a swing for two people that was connected by a rope which was connected to two cherry blossom trees. the trees were planted by our gardening club and after a little while, someone added the swing.

i just sat on the swing and took deep breaths. i thought about how the dance was going. it was great and i enjoyed the peace and quiet. after a little while, i was falling asleep but someone put my hand in theirs which woke me up.

y/n: "oh hey han,"
h: "hey y/n, are you feeling better now?"
y/n: "kind of, my head still hurts a little bit."

it wasn't hurting because of a headache or anything but because i was a little confused. i was confused on wether i liked han or not.

h: "hopefully it gets better but um i have to do something before the others start looking for us."
y/n: "what are you doing?"
h: "well i'm not really doing anything, but i am asking you something."
y/n: "ask me anything."

he put my other hand in his hand and began.

h: "i may not be a photographer but i can picture you and me together. it's probably just me dreaming again, but that's how i feel. i feel like i want to be with you but you'll say no, or chan will make us break up anyway, or maybe i won't be good enough. it doesn't hurt to try though, so i want to ask. y/n, will you be my g-girlfriend?"

i know chan wouldn't be happy about this but oh well.

y/n: "han i,"

i kissed his forehead.

y/n: "love,"

i kissed his cheeks.

y/n: "you."

i was hesitating at first but ended up kissing him on the lips. i expected him to pull away and say something about him being wrong, but he just kissed me back instead.

i had my arms around his neck, and he had his around my waist. we made out for about another five minutes. when we stopped, han just hugged me.

h: "thank you for accepting me."
y/n: "well i wasn't gonna blow my chance of me being with my dream boy."
h: "i think you're being a little too sweet."
y/n: "it's the truth."
h: "what about our friends?"
y/n: "let's tell them about our relationship later."
h: "so i can't talk to you before that?"
y/n: "that's not what i meant! either way you have to take me home and you have my number so you can just text me."
h: "fine."
y/n: "let's go inside, say goodbye to the others, get our stuff, and leave."
h: "okay,"

then we held hands as we went inside again. all i could think was today was the best day of my life.