Chapter 3

The week went off well for the couple. Their jobs were tiring yet they loved doing it. The best part was that they could get off work early to spend time with each other. Their Friday night was spent hanging out at the bar with their friends. Their work life and personal life were balanced with everything going perfectly well. Little did they know that everything was about to change and this was all the calm before the storm.

It's Monday morning and Forth walked into the office building with a big smile on his face. As he walked through, his employees greeted him.

As he entered his office his newly appointed secretary Emma also followed him. "Good morning Khun Jamornhum. I have your schedule for today," she spoke in a soft tone.

Forth took his seat and leaned back into his chair. He nodded for Emma to continue to read out his schedule.

"You have a meeting with Khun Naivinann at ten-thirty in the morning. Khun Naivinann wants to invest shares in our company and also, sign a partnership with the firm."

"Interview a couple of new freshers who have applied for the vacant position for Khun Saengthong and there is a board meeting at three. You have to sign a few paperwork to start the construction of the new Siam mall and finally an appointment with Khun Chen at six. Khun Chen wants to sign with our company for the construction of his new company building."

"And there is a slight change in your schedule for tomorrow, Sir." Forth was confused now.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Your flight to Tokyo for the International Conference has been changed to tomorrow night at nine," she said. Forth buried his face into his hands.

"Okay, thank you. You may go now." she left and Forth turned to see a lot of files on his desk. One weekend was all he got to relax and Monday was soon here. And he wasn't present in his office for only two days yet he has a full schedule. Imagine if he was gone for a month.

He shook his head of all those thoughts as he focused on the task at hand. He slowly started to sift through the small pile of files by reading and signing them. Just as he finished, his secretary entered. "Khun Naivinann is here, Sir," she informed as the said investor walked in.

Forth and the investor greeted each other before the latter was asked to take his seat. Emma brought him two cups of tea and a few croissants.

"Well, Khun Naivinann I heard that you wanted to invest in a few shares with my company. Why are you so interested in investing here, leaving out the other companies in town?" Forth asked firmly.

"Your company is known far and wide all over town. Investors are flooding to invest in your company, but you have a certain type of investors who you like to invite and I guess that we fulfill your standards," Forth gave a slight nod.

"...and it's a great opportunity for us to grow as well. And regarding the partnership, my boss, thinks that it will be a great honor for you to invest in our company." the investor sounded confident and hoping that Forth will not turn him down.

"I have heard of your company, Khun Naivinann and I don't think you fulfill my criteria, but I think I might give you a chance and invest in your company as a partner. I will decide with the board and I will let you know ASAP." Forth stood up.

"Thank you for your time, Khun Jamornhum," the investor stood up.

"My pleasure," the two shook hands. Forth walked Khun Naivinann to the door and closed it after he left.

Appointment with the investor, Done. Next. Interview.

The fresher who impressed Forth among all during his interview was a young man who had graduated from the university a few months prior, Mark Saengthong.