Chapter 18

Around seven, Forth's parents Dylan and Maya along with Beam's parents Cathy and Atid visited Beam and Forth. Phana and Kit had informed Beam that they would swing by along with their fiancés before starting their shift in the morning. Beam's parents and in-laws were feeling quite relieved knowing that Beam was feeling better and was recovering.

Forth allowed Beam to talk to his parents while he pulled his parents aside to talk.

''Mom, Dad are you two by any chance free next week?" he asked slowly.

"Depends, son. Why?" Dylan said as he sat down on one of the chairs.

"Well Beam wants to visit P'Kate, so I was wondering whether you two would like to join us?'' Forth said with a smile.

''Sweetie, you don't have to ask us about this...of course, we would like to visit Kate next week,'' Maya said. ''In fact, I was just telling your father the other day that we should find some time to go spend with our daughter and son-in-law.'' Maya sat down next to her husband.

''What about you, dad?'' Forth asked. He knew the answer already but he liked to hear his father say the words.

''I know what you're doing.'' Dylan pointed out with a smirk. Forth laughed. ''So whatever, you wanna hear it from me. Fine. I can't wait to meet my little girl. It's been almost a year since we met her and Ryan.'' Dylan said he stood up and patted his son's shoulder as he faced his wife in front of him.

Forth smiled.

He knew his parents would never pass an opportunity to get to see their daughter. To the world, she is known to be dead, but not to her family. She couldn't bear her family to be heartbroken because of the dangerous path she chose to go in. Though she couldn't be present with them physically, and for them to be able to talk to her and tell them about their lives, he knew deep down that she knew exactly what was going on in her family's lives. But what they do know is that their daughter will never put them in danger but rather prevent it or save them from it.

''Let go back in, I'm sure they're waiting for us,'' Maya said to which the father and son nodded.

They all went back in to see Beam laughing at one of his father's jokes. Beam's father was telling Beam about his recent trip abroad and mentioned a humorous event that took place on his flight back home which left his wife and son wiping tears from their eyes, laughing.

Forth walked towards Beam and stood by his side.

''Dad, can you repeat the joke once again?'' Beam asked.

''Sure, why not!'' His father was very happy that his son was safe and not in grave danger. As the joke narrating continued, Beam reached out for Forth's hands. He clasped their hands together as he led Forth to take a seat beside him. Forth smiled as he placed a kiss on Beam's forehead and continued to listen to Atid's joke. Their sweet gesture never went unnoticed by the parents who were touched by the love the young couple have for each other. One thing they were glad about was that the two of them made up with each other and had decided to face this obstacle together and not alone.

The two sets of parents dejectedly had to leave their sons to go home as the visiting hours were over for the day. Once their parents left, Forth and Beam resumed watching a horror movie, cuddled up together, and as the movie ended, the couple found themselves falling asleep once again in each other's arms.

A few days later, Beam was finally given the green signal by the doctors to go home. Though he was still unable to walk without the support of the crutches, he was advised to be on bed rest mostly and not to pressurize his foot. Since the fracture wasn't severe, Beam would be back to normal within two months.