Game Over

I turn and kick the door open.
"Go away, Edward!" Izzy yells at him, running inside and slamming the door shut in his still-shocked face.
"Bella?" Charlie had been hovering in the living room, and he was already on his feet.
"Leave us alone!" She screams at him through her tears. We run up the stairs to our rooms, throwing the doors shut and locking them. I run to my bed, reaching under it for my duffle bag and my purse filled with my secret stash of cash. Charlie is pounding on Izzy's door.
"Bella, are you okay? What's going on?" His voice is frightened.
"We're going home," She shouted, her voice breaking in the perfect spot.
"Did he hurt you?" His tone edged toward anger.
"No!" She shrieks a few octaves higher. I turn to my dresser, and Emmett is there throwing clothes into my bag.
"Did he break up with you?" Charlie is perplexed.
"No!" She yells, slightly more breathless as I shoved everything into the bag. Emmett throws another drawer's contents into my bag.
"What happened, Bella?" Charlie shouts through the door, pounding again.
"I broke up with him!" She shouts back, as I jerk on the zipper of my bag. We're running out of time! Emmett pushes my hands away and zips it smoothly. He hands me the bag.
"Hurry up!" he whispers, and pushes me toward the door.
I unlock the door and push past Charlie roughly, struggling with my heavy bag as I run down the stairs with Bella in tow.
"What happened?" he yells at us. He was right behind us. "I thought you liked him."
He catches her elbow in the kitchen and spins her around to face him. I have to think of something on the spot. I throw down my bag and burst into tears. They both look at me.
"I can't do this anymore! I can't put down any more roots here! I don't want to end up trapped in this stupid, boring town like Mom! I'm not going to make the same dumb mistake she did. I hate it—I can't stay here another minute!" I cry. Dad looks shocked and hurt and Bella jerks away. We grab our bags and walk out, slamming the door behind us. Once we get into the vehicle, I burst into tears. I've hurt him, the one man who looked after me and cared for me. We take off down the road and after a few minutes another pair of headlights appear behind us. I freeze with fear.
"It's just Alice." Edward murmurs.
"The tracker?" Bella asks.
"He heard the end of Annie's performance," Edward said grimly.
"Charlie?" I ask unsure of if I want the answer.
"The tracker followed us. He's running behind us now."
"Can we outrun him?" Bella asks.
"No." We were staring back at Alice's headlights when the truck shudders and a dark shadow springs up outside the window.
Bella's bloodcurdling scream lasted a fraction of a second before Edward's hand clamps down on her mouth, while I struggle to keep my breathing even.
"It's Emmett!"
"It's okay, girls," he promises. "You're going to be safe."
"I didn't realize you were still so bored with small-town life, It seemed like you were adjusting fairly well—especially recently. Maybe I was just flattering myself that I was making life more interesting for you." Emmett says looking at me.
"I wasn't being nice, that was the same thing our mom said when she left him. You could say I was hitting below the belt." I say softly.
"Don't worry. He'll forgive you." He says with a small smile. I look out the window thinking about how different my life may be now. I didn't realize we had stopped until I hear my name.
"Annie...." Emmett says holding out his arms. I timidly crawl out and he scoops me up and darts into the house. All of them were there; they were already on their feet at the sound of our approach. Laurent stood in their midst. I could hear low growls rumble deep in Emmett's throat as he set me down next to Bella.
"He's tracking us," Edward announced, glaring balefully at Laurent.
"I was afraid of that." He says unhappily.
"What will he do?" Carlisle asks Laurent in a chilling tone.
"I'm sorry, I was afraid, when your boy there defended her, that it would set him off."
"Can you stop him?"
"Nothing stops James when he gets started."
"We'll stop him," Emmett promises.
"How close?" Carlisle looked to Edward.
"About three miles out past the river; he's circling around to meet up with the female."
"What's the plan?"
"We'll lead him off, and then Jasper and Alice will run her south."
"And then?"
"As soon as they are clear, we hunt him." Edward says in a deadly tone.
"I guess there's no other choice," Carlisle agrees, his face grim." I go upstairs with my sister to trade clothes with Rosalie as my sister trades with Esme. Alice comes upstairs after a couple minutes and tows me into the garage to the Mercedes. We take off once more after we say our goodbyes. I stare out the window, caught in my own thoughts. I've got a bad feeling about this. I fall asleep soon after we pass through Seattle. I wake up in an unfamiliar room. The walls were completely bland, and the bedside lamps were bolted to the tables. The drapes were the same dreadful color as the bedspread with an ugly generic wall color. I climb out of bed and get dressed and slowly make my way out of the bathroom. I walk over to the window and curl up into the chair. I wasn't aware I fell asleep until I was woken by Alice telling me to eat. While I eat I see Alice drawing on some hotel stationary. Bella and I speak at the same time.
"It's a ballet studio." We exclaim. Alice and Jasper look at us.
"Do you know this room?" Jasper asks us.
""It looks like a place we used to go for dance lessons—when we were eight or nine. It was shaped just the same. That's where the bathrooms were—the doors were through the other dance floor. But the stereo was here." she says pointing to the left corner. "It was older, and there wasn't a TV. There was a window in the waiting room—you would see the room from this perspective if you looked through it." We look at each other, worried.
"Are you sure it's the same room?" Jasper asks.
""No, not at all—I suppose most dance studios would look the same—the mirrors, the bar. It's just the shape that looked familiar." I reply. They look between Bella and I.
"Would either of you have any reason to go back?" Alice asks.
"No, I haven't been there in almost ten years. I was a terrible dancer—they always put me in the back for recitals, but Annie was always in front." Bella admits.
"What can I say? I got the grace from dad." I joke. Bella and I burst out laughing. I get up and look out the window as they continue the conversation. I went to bed after a few hours, seeing how there was nothing better to do. I wake to my sister walking into my room with a phone. It's James she mouths. My eyes widen in shock.
"Yes" she says.
"Yes." Her voice breaks. I sit their wondering what is going on as tears well up in her eyes.
"Yes." She answers once again.
"Yes." I'm really starting to get tired of hearing yes fifty times.
"Where's Phil?" She asks tensely. And judging by her reaction, she didn't like the answer she got. She waits for a few moments.
"Thank you Mom." She says. I look at her confused. Did she not just say James was on the phone? Oh shit... he's telling her what to say.... this is bad.
"Goodbye Mom I'll see you soon." Bella says and hangs up. She grabs a pice of paper and writes we need to get to the studio, he has Mom. I nod and stick the paper in my bag. We come out and wait for what seems like hours to go to the airport. Once we arrive Bella and I sit with Alice and Jasper for about 15 minutes. Bella and I stand up and look at the couple. They look back in confusion.
"I think we'll eat now." Bella says. Alice stands up.
"I'll come with you."
"Actually... could Jazz come with us instead? We're feeling a little... you know." I reply. Alice nods and Jazz stands, guiding us towards the food court. We looked around, pretending not to be interested in any of them, until we reached our destination. The level 3 ladies room.
"Do you mind?" Bella asks.
"We'll only be a minute." I add.
"I'll be right here." He replies. We walk inside and escape through the far door, sprinting to the elevators. We ride the elevator to level one and run out the doors. We're screwed.
"There's no cab..." I say.
"Look there!" She says pointing at a bus. "A shuttle to the Hyatt!"
"Let's go!" We take off towards the shuttle.
"Wait!" She calls. We get on the shuttle. We ride for a bit and jump off once we stop. We grab a cab and rush to Mom's house. Once we stop we jump out once again and run into the house. Bella makes a call and we are off once more, this time to the Ballet Studio. We sprint out of the house and to the studio. We walk into the dark lobby and hear Mom's voice.
"Bella! Anna!" She calls in a hysterical panic.
"Mom!" We call. We run into the studio room and see that it's just a video on the tv. I turn around looking for James, my heart running a mile a minute.
"Sorry about that girls, but isn't it better that your mother didn't have to be involved in this at all." James asks, turning off the VCR. It all seems to happen in a blur. One second James is civil and the next I'm flying across the room. I crash into the mirrors and black out. I wake up to me sister screaming and a loud crunch.
"Izzy!" I cry out and look up to James holding a video camera. He turns and points it at me.
"Just think how upset the Volturi would be to lose their queen before they even meet her." James drawls out moving closer. I try to move away but he grabs my ankle, twisting it until it breaks. I scream out in pain. He chuckles.
"One is an obsession, the other, a very powerful mate." He picks me up by my throat and throws my into the mirrors beside my sister, showering her with glass. I can feel cuts on my arms, my face, and my legs. I black out once more and wake to Rosalie calling over Carlisle. I open my eyes slowly to Rosalie's frantic expression.
"Her ankle is broken and she has lost a lot of blood too."
"Izzy..." I call softly, unable to speak louder.
"She's okay, Edward has her." Rosalie replies.
"I'm tired..." I mumble.
"I know Annie..... it's gonna be okay..... you'll be okay." I hear Emmett say. I cry out in pain when I feel my ankle being moved. I feel pain along my arms and head as they pluck out the glass. I close my eyes once more and black out.