The Fight

"Come my dear. I shall take you home." Marcus says offering me his arm. I hesitate. He looks at me confused.
   "We don't do that anymore unless we are at a formal party like prom." I inform him.
   "Oh? So what is customary now?"
   "Usually people who are in a relationship hold hands or have their arm wrapped around their partners waist. A way of saying 'This one is mine!'" I tell him with a smile. He strokes my cheek and wraps an arm around my waist.
   "Is this better my love." He asks as his eyes become a lighter shade of red. His eyes flicker to my lips and it is as if time itself has stopped. Time starts itself once again when the front door slams open.
   "We're home!" I hear Emmett call. I bury my face into Marcus's chest and he places a hand on the back of my head, keeping me there.
   "Woah Annie! You trying to smother yourself or something?" He jokes.
   "Shut up Emmett!" I call, my voice muffled by Marcus's shirt.
   "What are they doing here?" I hear my sister ask accusingly. I turn around and glare at her.
   "Oh, you know just intruding upon your personal life is just so invigorating." I reply snarkily.
   "You will do well to remember your superiors Isabella!" Marcus growls at Bella. She shrinks away from him.
   "I've never been able to have a normal life because of you Anne-Marie!" She shrieks. I smile at her and shake my head.
   "I've never had a normal life either Isabella. I stayed with you all those years because you asked me to! I moved here with you because you wanted me to! I went through months of agony trying to help you because you needed me to!" I cry in tears.
   "And then something good finally comes into my life and you hate me for being happy, because it doesn't suit your needs! Jacob didn't suit my needs but I still tagged along because you asked me to! I've done everything for you. So don't hate me because I am finally happy for once!" I screech at her in tears. Her face falls and she looks away shamefully.
Rosalie covers her mouth with her hand and looks horrified at Bella. Alice flits over to my side and hugs me and Jasper looks at me sadly. Emmett glares at Edward and Bella. Esme comes to my side and places a hand on my shoulder comfortingly. I break down crying. The past few months of stress and pain finally coming out. Marcus comes forward and takes me into his arms as Esme and Alice move out the way. I cry into his shoulder as he holds me close and glares at Edward and Bella.
"Annie?" Edward says softly as he takes a step towards me. Marcus growls sharply at Edward which stops him in his tracks. I keep my face turned away from him. I'm listening.
"I'm sorry for all the pain, stress, and sadness I have caused you this past few months. I know that nothing can excuse my behavior but I ask you to please forgive me." Edward apologizes sadly.
"I appreciate your apology but it will take a while for me to even think about forgiving you. I treated you like a brother. And you turned on me." I reply quietly, sniffling softly. Edward hangs his head in shame and shuffles back. I turn to Marcus and he looks at me softly.
"I want to go home." I tell him. He nods and carries me to his car. He puts me down and kisses my head. I turn to get in the car and gasp.
"You own a '69 Ford Thunderbird!" I squeal. He looks at me with a small smile.
"Do you like it?"
"Like it!? I've always wanted one!" I exclaim.
"Then it is yours to have mio tesoro." He replies getting into the car.
"No... I can't take your car Marcus." I reply. He turn to me with a serious look.
"You said you've always wanted one. Well now you have one. Take it willingly or I shall force you." He says seriously.
"Thank you Marcus." I say softly. A car. He has given me his car.