I'm...

Imagine That!

Chapter 2

I'm...

I decided to call, but in the morning of course. It's not as if I had anything to do. My parents went to visit a friend in the next state so they left me two hundred dollars for the rest of the week. They said they'd be home the day before school starts.

I woke up earlier than I expected the next day, it was probably because of the excitement my mind invented.

Adventure, huh?

"Hello?" His voice sounded almost afraid.

I took in a deep breath before responding.

"Hello." I spoke.

"Oh." He paused for a moment, "I didn't know you were a chick!" He laughed obnoxiously.

I squinted at the air in front of me, "Is there something wrong with that?" I asked a bit agitated.

"What? Of course not! It's just that everyone except for Francis swore you would be a guy." I rolled my eyes but refused to hang up - not yet at least.

"Tell me your name." I commanded.

"Huh? Well, you can have my alias." He snickered, "The name is Steve."

I shook my head, "I can't work for you if I don't know your real name, Steve."

"I'll tell you my real name if you work with us." He quickly responded.

I was taken aback, so I forgot to respond again. He then continued, "And I mean that. If you can pull this one little hack that can shut a few computers down, we will want you to work with us." He sounded serious.

"Work with you guys? How many of you are there?" I asked.

"A few... Then a few more and... There's a couple bunch of us, but Francis, he says you're good at what you do so we all thought 'why not?'" Steve said.

"I'll take you up on your offer. But I need your name." I repeated.

There was a pause on the line. It felt tiring.

"My real name is Alfred F. Jones." He finally said, "What's your name?"

"That's personal info." I smiled and finally sat down on the couch and put the phone on speaker.

"So then, Alfred, who committed such a lurid crime that you would hire someone such as myself to do your dirty work?" I asked, pulling a notebook that I had set on the coffee table, closer to me.

"Well, a friend found out about them and told me. It's a couple people that just won't stop sending his sister some hate mail stuff... It's pretty embarrassing and I was going to like, do the hack stuff on them and what not, but... It backfired." I heard him sigh.

I decided to do it though. Why not, after all? Sending harmful software to harmful humans was somewhat fun.

"Alright." I said.

I heard him laugh through the phone as he asked, "Great! Just tell me if you need any help with anything!"

I set the notebook down on the table again and walked over to the computer room and sat down at my computer.

"I need her e-mail, and to make things simpler for me, just tell her to give you her password while she's at it." I said, turning my computer on.

"Well her e-mail is..." He seemed to stutter afterwords, and I didn't understand a thing.