00:26

⤙☆⤚

third person

Something which Daniel didn't expect to hear in the middle of the night on the tour bus, was whimpering.

The type of whimpering you would hear if someone had been crying or if they were scared about something. And when you're supposed to be asleep, but when all you can hear the whimpering it can be kinda of hard.

So Daniel was somewhat determined to find out where it was coming from. Not that he had to look far.

When Daniel carefully slid open the curtain which closed off his bunk from the rest of them, he realised that the sounds were coming from the bunk opposite his. And the person who occupied that bunk was none other than Teddy.

So carefully, making sure not to make any noise as he got out of his bunk, making his way over the short distance between the two bunks. He gently pulled back the curtain to see Teddy asleep, sweating and twisted up in the covers.

"Teddy." He murmured, trying his hardest not to wake anyone. "Hey Teddy, it's only a dream." Daniel gently shook the girl, repeating the statement until she woke up, breathing heavily and her eyes were wide and filled with fear.

"It's alright, it's just me. You're going to be just fine, it was only a dream." Daniel said, just louder then a whisper. Wordlessly, he opened his arms and let the girl fall into them, hugging her as her small frame shook, tears racking her body.

They just sat there for a while, Teddy in Daniel's arms, crying until the tears stopped, letting Daniel kiss the top of her head several times, and when she sat up to face him he wiped her tears.

"It was about t-the car cc-crash." Teddy stammered, resting her forehead on Daniel's shoulder, her body still shaking slightly.

"Come on." Daniel eventually said, scooping Teddy up in his arms and carrying her bridal style to the front area of the bus, sitting down on the leather couches with the girl on his lap.

Instead of expecting her to talk straight away, Daniel stayed silent for a period of time, letting Teddy calm down and catch her breath and speak in her own time. He knew that time was the thing she needed, something so simple he couldn't help but give it to her.

In that period of time Daniel noticed several things. One being the bus was still, meaning they had arrived at their next city, and the driver was asleep. The second was that Teddy was wearing that tour hoodie she had borrowed off of Daniel, even though he had told her she could have her own. That was before they had kissed, and Daniel only found it cuter at this moment.

"I don't know." Teddy finally said, drawing Daniel's attention away from what she was wearing and to her face. "I'm not sure what triggered it to happen tonight and I'm sorry I woke you up."

"It's fine." Daniel promised, and Teddy looked down at the floor, fiddling with the hoodie. "It doesn't matter that you woke me up, what matters is that you're ok."

A grateful smile formed in Teddy's lips, so small you could barely see it, but Daniel did. "I have these nightmares, sometimes once a month about the car crash. Even though I wasn't hurt or anything. Maybe it was a bit worse this time because I was on some form of transport while it happened but-" Teddy seemed to freeze up as she said it, obviously remembering the painful nightmare.

Then an idea sparked in Daniel's mind, and he quickly jumped up and ran to the back of the bus, pulling a hoodie over his T-shirt and sweatpants and grabbing his old slip on vans, also getting Teddy's pair.

He passed the pair to Teddy, who looked at them confused, then at Daniel, who was putting his on. "You obviously don't want to be on the bus right now, and I don't blame you. So put on your shoes because we're going to see New York City at night."

A smile grew on Teddy's face as she pulled on her shoes, then looked at Daniel, slight concern apparent. "But you're performing Radio City Music Hall today. You don't want to be tired-"

Teddy was cut off by a shake of Daniel's head, and he grabbed her hand, and walked off the bus together.

And all this happened at 2 am in the morning.

⤙☆⤚

a/n
I'll probs be writing
like a ton more
chapters irl which
you guys don't mind
right?