00:27

⤙☆⤚

daniels pov

I wasn't quite sure where I was taking Teddy when I got her her shoes and we got off the tour bus. I just knew I had to get her off there, and take her away from it all. From the constant on the move, from the pressure of fans, from hiding our relationship. From the bus which most likely made her nightmare about her past worse.

We just walked, hand in hand, basically no distance between us. A sort of closeness we haven't been able to achieve with everyone constantly watching us. And at 2am in New York, I'm pretty sure no one is now.

After a few minutes of walking with no destination in mind, I finally decide where we should go, and I pull Teddy around a corner suddenly, causing her to gasp.

"How would you feel if we went somewhere and it could be like a date but it also couldn't be a date. Like the circumstances are a date, but the place where it would be isn't the greatest. But I love it there and-" at that point Teddy cuts me off, and I blush, knowing I'd been rambling again.

"I would love to go on a date with you, if you're asking." Teddy smiles, and I nod, taking her hand and I pull her in the direction that we need to be walking in.

I'm taking her to the only place which I know is 100% open right now. A place which me and the boys normally go to when we're in New York, becaue we're normally staying in the hotel next to it. The pizza place, Fluffies.

"Pizza? I love pizza!" Teddy says, once we get there and she looks around. I chuckle, watching as she takes in the whole place, completely unaware of how cute she looks. Her lips are slightly parted, her eyes reflecting the light of the city, dressed in his hoodie. She couldn't look more beautiful.

"I know." I reply, and she looks at me, all excited and happy just because of the fact I brought her to a pizza place. That she could almost forget about what happened earlier simply because of it.

We go over to the counter, and the person working doesn't recognise me at first, but when I tell her the order which me and the boys normally get, her eyes go wide and she finally does.

"Daniel! It's good to see you." Jen says, a smile on her face as she scribbles down my order. Then she looks at Teddy next to me, my hand still holding hers, Jen's smile widening. "And what will the pretty lady be having?"

I nudge Teddy gently, who wasn't paying attention, and instead looking around the shop. "Oh! I'll have the same please." Teddy says, when she sees Jen smiling expectantly at her.

"Hey Teddy, why don't you go grab that table in the corner whilst I pay." I say, and Teddy was about to protest, only to realise she didn't have any money with her. Her hand slid out of my grip, and she walked away.

"So looks like Daniel finally got a girlfriend." Jen's daughter, Lizzie came to the counter, whilst Jen went to the kitchen to make their pizzas. "Go on, tell me about her, I can see you're practically dying to."

I glance over at Teddy, who's sat at the corner table, staring out the window with wide eyes and a small smile on her lips. "She's amazing." I finally saying, drawing my attention away from her and back to Lizzie. "Her name's Teddy and she is amazing."

"You're in love." Lizzie teases and I have to resist the urge to reach over the counter and push her playfully. "So how did you two meet."

"At one of my concerts. In a fire escape. It sounds weird, but it was perfect, but not in the circumstances. We kept in touch and now she's on tour with us." I explained, and I suddenly realised that me and Teddy had decided to keep our relationship pretty private. "Don't mention this to anyone, will you?"

"Of course I won't, I swear." Lizzie says. "You're still private, you wanted a quite place to come at night. Well you got it. Me and mom won't tell anyone. Have it on the house, now go join the pretty girl in the corner."

"Thank you Liz." I smile, and I walk over to the table, sliding into the seat opposite of Teddy, who is still gazing out of the window. "What you thinking about?" I ask her, sliding my wallet into my pocket.

"I haven't been home in years, yet here I am at a pizza place I didn't even know existed. At half two in the morning with you." Teddy smiled slightly, tearing her eyes away from the outside.

"I forgot you grew up here." I admit, and look out the window. "And years? That's a pretty long time, Ted, is it because of the planes?"

"And the fact I hated the crowd in the daytime. I never really came out at night, too busy in my room painting or something." She smiles, and I see a tiny bit of sadness in it.

"If I had remembered, I would've made it more special." I tell her, and she looks over at me, shaking her head.

"Don't worry, Daniel, it's perfect." She replies. and in a quick movement, I go sit in the booth-style seat where she is, wrapping my arm around her shoulder and pulling her close, smiling as she cuddles up to me.

And suddenly, as I place a kiss on her forehead, I realize what Lizzie said earlier might be true after all.

⤙☆⤚

a/n
i hurt my finger
and it really hurts
and idk why/how