Plan

-Jansen pov-

Thomas. Fucking Thomas.

That little shit is still alive, and now I could possibly be walking to my ex boss. I fucking hope I don't get fired. I need this fucking job to they the cure.

I resiste the urge to look at my arm, the arm that has the black veins on it. The sign of having the Flare.

I open the door and see Ava sitting in a chair by the window. I walk in and shut the door behind me.

"You wished to see me Ava?" I ask while walking to her.

She doesn't glance at me, not a single bit. She just drinks more of her whisky.

"We're about to loose it. All of it." She says.

I look at her, and grab my own glass to fill.

"What do you mean?"

She sighs and takes another sip. Then she stands up and walls closer to the window.

"We're loosing the funding. They don't believe that we can find the cure anymore. And their going to shut us down." She says with very little emotion.

I take a drink and look out the window.

"Then we convince them. We can rush the trials a bit. And with Teresa on our side, it shouldn't be to difficult to convince them." I say.

She sighs and turns to me.

"More and more people are getting infected. This wall around us, it's not stopping anyone from getting the Flare. And even with Teresa here, that won't be enough to convince them. They've become impatient, and are worried about the protests beyond the wall." She says.

I lift the cup to my lips while muttering. "They've always been impatient."

She sighs and starts to walk away.

"Theb we should start testing of A5's child. Chuck, I think she named him. And maybe continuing the trials on YN, now that she's no longer pregnant." I say.

Ava stops and turns around. She glares at me.

"Doing that to a child is sick. I won't allow it, and the thought you even suggested it makes me question whether or not I should fire you." She practically hissed out.

I bow my head slightly. "I'm sorry Ava. We won't test on him I promise. But we should continue the test on YN. She is valuable to us, considering that she can see the future and she's immune."

She sighs. "That can start the day after tomorrow. I don't think that we should harm her yet. Even if she is a cure." She said before she walked out.

I sigh and drink some more, as I look out the window again. And I watch the sun rise.

-Newt pov-

"So she's their! And she's alright!?" Fry asks.

I nod. "As far as I could see. She looked perfectly healthy. And so did Chuck." I say.

Fry smiles widely. "She named him after Chuck. Man Newt, you got a great girl." He says.

I smile and here Jorge cough. I look at him and see him looking at the map.

"But so is that Teresa chick, right? That's the way we're getting in?" Brenda said.

Gally pointed at her. "I like her." He said.

Thomas shook his head. "No. We're not going to do that. There has to be another way."

I felt the rage come back to me, and I felt it snap.