Ch. 37: Deal or No Deal (Part 1)

Kihyun

~after the trial is over~

~a jail in Seoul~

"Name and purpose of this visit," says the officer in the office next to the entrance. 

"Prosector Yoo Kihyun. I am here to visit someone for a case of mine," I replied as I readjusted my glasses.

"ID," he says monotonously. I take out my badge from my suitcase and pressed it against the glass that was between us. He types something into the computer, waits a bit, and then presses a green button to the left of his computer.

*a door buzzing open*

I thanked the officer, who just nods stiffly in response. Someone clearly woke up on the wrong side of the bed... I walk in and made my way to the actual jail building. The female officer sitting at the quote unquote reception desk beckons me over. 

"Good morning," I smiled.

"Morning. How may I assist you today, Prosecutor Yoo," she asks.

"I was wondering if I could see Inmate number 2190, Lee Junhyeon," I replied.

"You aren't on his list," she says simply.

"He is a part of the case I am working on." She eyes me for a minute before telling me to go wait in a room on the second floor. I thank her and follow another female officer to said room. The room was...not that appealing, but this is a jail after all. Very monochrome. 

~ten minutes later~

"Hmm, I was wondering who would be gracing me with their presence and I see it is you," Junhyeon says with an eyebrow raised.

"Please have a sit," I said and gestured to the metal chair across the table. He drags the chair back with his left foot and sat down hard, which caused the chair to scrap against the ash gray tiles.

"Pray...tell me why you are here," he says in a bored tone.

"I suppose that I should not beat around the bush. I came here because I know what that tattoo on your neck is and means," I said as I tapped my fingers on the metal table in front of me. He visibly stiffens, but quickly stops.

"It doesn't mean anything. Just something that I got when I was younger. A stupid mistake," he says with a blank look in his eyes.

"Oh, really? I know that tattoo represents more than just that....The Silver Roses would beg to differ," I said. He clenches his jaw and gives me a sharp glare. 

"Who are you really," he asks.

"Let's say someone who wants to end them...."

"HaHAhAha, you? And, what army? You think you can take down that snake? She will give you a run for your money," he laughs.

"You do not need to worry about that. I have my ways...All I want from you is some information."

"Nah, forget about it. Do you think I am stupid? I ain't no snitch," he retorts.

"What if I offer you a deal?"