Ch. 49: Roses and Crafts (Part 4)

Hyunwoo

"No, I was just a bit lost."

"Lost?"

"Lost in your eyes," I said smugly as possible.

Kihyun snorts and says while chuckling lightly, "So cheesy."

"You don't like that kind of stuff," I asked and slowly regretted learning these pick up lines from the maknaes. I knew that they were up to something when they offered to teach me. But, no, I just had to fall for it.

"Hmm, I like the pun ones or the ones that make you think a bit before you understand," he says thoughtfully before drinking some of his rose milk tea.

"Ah, I see," I replied as I began to feel embarrassed for myself.

"Don't worry about it. Trial and error," he says after munching on a rose macaroon.

~thirty two minutes later~

I double tap my phone to check what time it was. I noticed that we only had eight minutes to go to the art center, which is luckily in the same building.

"Are you needed somewhere else?"

"Huh? Oh, no. I just had another thing planned for us, but I totally forgot to keep track of the time. We should go now," I said.

"Okay," he says to me. "Waitress," he calls out. A dirty blond girl named LaLisa as indicated by her name tag comes up to us.

"Hello there, what can I do for you," LaLisa asks.

"Can we get the bill and some take out boxes," Kihyun asks in his business tone.

~two minute later~

"So, where to," Kihyun asks when we get into the elevator.

"It's a surprise," I said and hit the button for the five floor.

"We aren't going to a different place?"

"You'll see," I said as the elevator doors closed and began its descent. Soon enough, we arrive to the fifth floor. We walk into the hall and I scanned the directory on the wall nearby for the center. Once I found it, I lead the way.

Kihyun

~Inner Circle Art Center~

*bell rings as the door opens*

"Welcome to Inner Circle Art Center! How can I help you today," a red brown haired male asked brightly.

"Hello,...Jinwoo ssi. We are here for couple's crafts event," Hyunwoo says.

"Alrighty, please fill out this form and pay the fee when you are done filling it out," he says and hands Hyunwoo a clipboard with a form and a pen.

"Thank you," he says and we went to sit down. As Hyunwoo fills out the form, I looked around the building and carefully observed everything and everyone in the center. It is something that I habitually do due to the nature of my job. I noticed that Junmyeon and Yixing are also there sitting at a table in the middle and toward the wall. In front of them were origami papers, scissors, string, multiple origami cranes and several wooden structures with strings attached to them.

In midst of my quote unquote surveillance of the place, Hyunwoo had finished filling out the form and paid the fee. I silently thought to myself that I should pay for the next activity or date. "Right this way," Jinwoo says and leads to a table right next to the other couple. "I'll bring over the materials right now," he says before leaving.

"Looks like we meet again," Junmyeon says after he paused the making of another origami crane.

"Indeed," I said.

"At this point, we might as well do a double date," he laughs while his husband nods as he attaches the finish origami cranes onto the wooden structures.

"Sure, what are you guys making," I asked.

"Hmm, a little something to hang in our kids' rooms," he hums.

"Oh, how thoughtful," I smiled.

"Thank you," Yixing says and lifts up one of the finished ones.

"Here you both are," Jinwoo says and places origami papers, scissors, tape, a large piece of white paper, a red ribbon, and a paper with instructions on them. Hyunwoo thanks him and scans the instructions.

"Oh, shit," he mumbles under his breath.

"What is it?"

"This seems to be an impossible feat," he laughs awkwardly and hands me the paper with instructions. It details how to make an origami bouquet of roses.

"When there is a will, there is a way," I tell him as I was never one to back down from a challenge.