Ch. 51: Sunset Glow

Hyunwoo

~Hangang~

After buying some food, we went to Hangang to watch the sun set. I carried the food while Kihyun carried the blanket that I had in my car for when I did stake outs. We managed to beat another couple to a good spot, but we also earned a dirty look from that couple. But, like, the early bird gets the worm.

Kihyun unravels the blanket and tries to set it down by holding onto one side and flinging it out. Unfortunately, mother nature had other plans because there was a sudden gust of wind which made the blanket go backwards and cover Kihyun from head to mid thigh.  

I chuckled and set down the food before taking the blanket off of him. He looks at me with a shocked expression. I, in my mind, cooed at how adorable he looked at this moment. We stare into each other's eyes for a few moments. Then, I suddenly felt the need to kiss him right at that moment. He seemed to have to noticed what I intended to do and blushes before turning his face to the side thus preventing me from seeing his face.

I cleared my throat to break the silence and took the blanket from him. After I set it down, I gestured for him to sit down. He takes off his boots and sits down the blanket. I followed suit. I grab the bag containing our dinner, placed it on the blanket, and then took the take out boxes out. Kihyun opened them all and popped a gimbap into his mouth soon after. We talked about small things and got to know each other more as we ate. In midst of it all, the sun lowers and lowers until it turns the sky into a purple to red to orange ombre. We both stopped to admire the view and bask in the sunset glow.

A few seconds later, I glanced over to Kihyun who happened to look at me at the same time. I muster up the courage and kissed him. He gasps quietly and pauses for a second or so before kissing me back. When we lean back from each other, we looked into each other's eyes with affection and warmth.

"Hyung," he whisper-asks.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for today," he smiles softly.