Ch. 77: Game Plan

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day and go stream All About Luv album, Monbebes<3 Out of the newer songs in this album, "Got My Number" is my favorite one. What about you?

Hyunwoo

~the next day~

~in the precinct~

"Alright, everyone. Gather around," I said loudly to the joint task force. One by one, they gathered in front of me. "There is a new in lead for the Silver Roses case. And, I would like for all of us to put our heads together to come up with a good plan," I continued to say.

"A lead? But, how...," Jooheon trials off.

"We have an address that could be their HQ's," I replied.

"From where," Changkyun asks.

"An informant. He's credible. I can account for that," Kihyun says. 

"Who is he," the Captain asks.

"I'm afraid that I cannot reveal who he is due to the deal we have," Kihyun says in a businessman like tone. 

"...what is the address then," Hyungwon asks after yawning. 

"It is a bar called, Night after Dark. It is located on a hidden street in Cheongnyangni," Kihyun answers.

"Cheongnyangni? That's a rather odd place to have their HQ at," Lucas says. 

"That's probably why. What kind of bad guy would have their HQ in the quote unquote usual areas like the red light district," Jooheon snorts. 

"How do you know about the red light district," Changkyun asks with an eyebrow raised.

"...I had a case there before," Jooheon stammers to which Changkyun scoffs.

"Alright, enough, you two. We need to focus on the main subject of today's meeting," I said.

"Hyunwoo is right. First, we need to canvas the area. Then, we need to camp out and monitor who goes inside and out," the Captain says thoughtfully.

"Shouldn't we send someone inside," Hyungwon asks. 

"That would be too risky," Changkyun says.

"It is but we will have to do that if necessary. We will have the tech department help us get eyes and ears inside of the building. Once we have confirmation, we will-," the Captain pauses before going into more detail. "Does anyone else have any input to add," the Captain asks.

We all shook our head in response. But, then, Kihyun suddenly asks, "Can I join in?"

"Prosecutor Yoo, I appreciate the offer but  you cannot. Let the cops do their job and you do yours," the Captain says in a serious tone and with an unimpressed look on his face. 

"But-," Kihyun begins to argue, but then the Captain glares at him thus stopping him from arguing about it. 

"I'll clear this with the higher ups. For now, Changkyun and Lucas...go canvas the area first and report back. I want details. No matter what, don't give yourselves away, approach anyone, or go inside. Got it," the Captain asks.

"Yes, sir," Changkyun and Lucas says at the same time.