Ch. 82: The Cold Shoulder (Part 2)

A/N: Updates will be updated at the usual pace until otherwise specified. 

Hyunwoo

It didn't take me a long time to realize that Kihyun was going to give me the cold shoulder because of Minhyuk. "Minhyuk, could you let go? We need to solve the case," I said.

"Hmm...but I don't wanna," he pouts and bats his eyes at me. I quickly resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him.

"Minhyuk," I said in a firmer tone after taking a deep breath.

"Fine," he grumbles before letting go of me. Then, we entered the abandoned building and he lead the way to the crime scene. Kihyun is already there investigating. When he saw me, he pretended that he didn't see me and went to talk to the medical examiner. I walked over to him and was about to say something when he walked away to examine the crime scene.

"Wow, rude. Why did they send someone like him to work with you, hyung," Minhyuk says while standing next to me.

"Minhyuk, can we focus on the case first," I asked.

"It's always work with you. Such a workaholic," he says after sighing. 

"Min-," I began to say but he cuts me off.

"Yeah. Yeah, I know. We have a duty to serve justice for the victims and yadah yadah," he says while making a flippant manner. I inwardly sighed and asked the medical examiner for a summary of his findings before asking one of the first responding officers  for a summary of their findings. 

After that, I asked the officer for the statements from the teens that had found the crime scene. There was nothing really special as they were just here to practice their skateboarding skills. Minhyuk is looking around the place to see if there was something that we missed. Kihyun is now taking some notes in the small notepad that he always carried around with him.

I chewed on my lower lip and thought that I should wait until we were alone so that I could clear up the misunderstandings. So, I joined the others to try to figure out what happened here. After some time, we hadn't discovered anything new at the scene. Kihyun and I were about to leave when I saw someone leave right after I locked eyes with him.

I quickly went after him as he seemed to be suspicious because he was covering most of his facial features. I went under the caution tape and passed the reporters and bystanders before looking around for the guy. I spotted him across the street with his hands in his pockets. When I was about to run across the street, a bus passes by thus blocking him from sight.

When the bus passed, I couldn't see him anymore. I then ran across the street when there was no cars and search for him again but didn't manage to find him. I sighed and went back to my car near the abandoned building. Kihyun was there sitting on the hood of my car with his arms across his chest.

"Kihyun," I said as soon as I was five feet away from him. He raises an eyebrow and gives me a questioning look before gesturing to my car. Thinking that he wanted me to unlock the car, I stuck my hand into my front pocket and pressed the unlock button on the car remote.  He gets off the car and gets into the car before putting on his seat belt.

Ah, shit...