LOVE

Continued From Last Part:

That night:

Arnav stepped out into the front lawn late at night. He had slipped out of their bed chamber after Lavanya fell asleep. He hadn't been able to rest well from the past two days.

"A walk in the garden might help", he told himself.

It was a beautiful moonlit night, the waxing phase of moon, cool and white.

As Arnav completed his third round around the huge gardens, he met with the sight his mind was longing for from the past 7 days.

She stood absolutely stunning in her orange sari with beads shining like diamonds in the moonlight.

Arnav felt happy, relieved and... alive...

He marched forward in hurried steps towards her as she moved back with a mischievous smile.

"Where were you?", he bellowed

He was about to touch her hand when she shook her head negatively and moved further back into a tree.

"I am sorry Saab", she said looking straight into his eyes, "I have been wanting to meet you but I couldn't"

"Enough with the cryptic", he said trapping her on the tree trunk with his hands on either sides of her without touching her.

"Why couldn't you come before?" he tried sounding angry though his anger was melting down fast in the pleasant jasmine scent wafting from her delicate body.

"I came but you were busy... with your family", she said

Arnav was stunned. "You could have at least met me for a second", he said exasperated, "You have no idea how I pined for you this week"

She looked astounded at his admission of missing her, "I came... I came... but I was late... again", she said with a pause

"What do you mean again?", he stressed on the word. 

She lowered her head, her long lashes covering her eyes for a brief moment.

"Look, I was... I was disturbed... if... um... something happened to you", he blurted the truth out.

She instantly looked up at him with tears in her eyes, "You were worried for me?" she asked like a small child.

"Yes, I was... very worried", the complicated introvert businessman was replaced by a simple guy concerned for his girl.

She looked at him for a long time roaming her eyes on his forehead, eyes, eyelashes, the scar on his eyelid, the sculpted face, the prominent nose and the firm lips. Arnav knew she was checking out his features but stayed mute. He watched her as she admired him.