BETRAYAL

Hi everyone, I am back from my travel, so here's the update... 

FYI...This story is going to end soon.. Just tying up a few loose ends.. :-)

Continued from the last part (Same place, Same time):

"This is Khushi", he introduced her to his family in general

Khushi folded her hands in greeting.

While Shyam and Akash nodded at her, Anjali and Nani returned her greeting, albeit a bit confused as to how she was related to all of this.

Shyam stepped out with the DIG as the police handcuffed Arjun and walked out with him. 

The DIG gave him a pivotal piece of information that made Shyam smile for the first time after the entire ordeal.

"Please wait here sir. They need to know this", Shyam requested the DIG as he led them into the well-furnished atrium on the ground floor, "along with him", Shyam added pointing at Arjun.

"Sure", the DIG understood.

Shyam walked back to the family room as he made a few important calls.

Back in the adjoining hall, as Lavanya sat down with a thud, Akash signaled the guards to keep an eye on her.

"Khushi is the one who helped me nail the bast*rd," Arnav said barely concealing his anger.

"Chote" Nani admonished his language right away

"But how?" Anjali's tone was still weak

"He used Khushi as a bait Di", Arnav explained, "She is as much a victim of Arjun and Chitwan as we are. He imprisoned Khushi's father and blackmailed her into doing his bidding"

"Di and Nani- please sit down", he seated them all in the grand foyer and ordered HP to serve them some beverages.

"I am sure both of you have a lot of questions", Arnav said as he plopped down in a couch next to Khushi, "I have a lot of explaining to do. Earlier, I could not let you have a wind of what was happening as I could not afford risking exposure in front of Lavanya or Arjun"

Arnav smiled a sarcastic smile, looking at Lavanya, "Nani and Di, you wouldn't have believed me if I revealed Lavanya's reality. She acted like the perfect daughter-in-law from the moment we got married."

"But Lavanya..." Nani was unsure how to continue, "how could she and Arjun... I mean how did Arjun even get to her? What does she gain from this?"