Pitch black

Everything is moving. Pitch black. A rattling noise. Where am I?  I tried to stand up, banging my head against a metal ceiling. "Aw what the..." A warm, wet feeling trickles over my forehead slowly. what is this place? Trying not to panic, I start feeling around me, tapping my hands slowly on the bottom of whatever this moving thing is. I feel something brushing against my fingertips. wood? are those... crates? Cautiously, I let my hands roam over the wooden surface. There are holes in it? "why..." All of a sudden, the crate starts moving, shaking and it's content starts to squeal. The high-pitched sound scared the shit out me. I push myself away from the screaming noise, screaming myself, until my back touches another crate. Startled, I try moving further away. What the fuck what the fuck... This isn't real, this isn't real, it's just a bad dream... My back is pressed against cold metal, blood still trickling down my face. "wake up, I need to wake up...". Then I see a small strip of light above me, getting bigger and bigger every second. I'm not slowing down, this thing is not slowing down... I'm gonna die. The scream got stuck in my throat, as the floor jolted and stopped abruptly, throwing me against a crate. My head started spinning, fighting to stay conscious. In the distance, I could hear a loud metal noise, as if someone opened a door with old, rusty hinges. The light was so bright, it hurt my eyes. Everything seemed to be white, until it all turned black again. 

Newt's POV

The alarm started blaring just as I was about to start eating breakfast. "Bloody hell, the Greenie is early. Come on lads, breakfast after getting the supplies." putting my plate down, I nudge some of the Gladers at my table. The Runners had barely left 5 minutes ago. Grumbling and half asleep, a group of Gladers had already gathered at the Box, the doors still closed. I pushed through them, it's my job to greet the Greenie and get him out of the Box quickly so the Builders could start unloading the supplies. Alby smirks at me "Morning. Early one ey? hopefully no troublemaker, like the last one." I smile. "Tommy no longer the Greenie, gonna hurt not calling him that." Some boys snicker. Finally the alarm stops and the doors start to open. I look back at the group "No screaming, that's a good sign." 

As soon as the doors were opened completely, I got the feeling something was off. "No Greenie?" Frypan leans in over the edge to get a better look. I kneel beside him. "Maybe he's hiding behind the crates, wouldn't be the first time." I jump in, the Box swaying a bit. "Greenie? don't be scared. My name's Newt and I'm not gonna hurt you" Still no movement. I step forward and look at the darkest corner of the box. is that?... no way! "Newt come on, what's going on!" Alby is not the most patient Glader. "I uhm, don't really know. Get the Med-Jacks, there's blood here!" Some of the boys run off while Alby jumps into the Box. "What is it? is he dead?" I step closer to the body laying in the corner. "No not dead, Alby. But she's hurt, I'm sure of it." I turn around to look my oldest friend in the eyes. He looks at me with shock. "She? a Girl?? that's impossible! step aside". He pushes me out of the way, but stops dead in his tracks as he sees her face, hair and figure. "It's a Girl... " I laugh softly "Nothing wrong with those shuck eyes of yours. Help me get her up and out of here, Clint and Jeff will need to look at her head."

"A what now?" "a shucking girl?" "liar, there's never been a girl in the Box" "is she pretty?" "I CALL DIBBS" I shoot Kevin an angry glare. "Get out of the way you shuck-faces! move!" she's weighs less than the youngest Gladers... Alby's voice booms across the Glade. "SHUCK IT! TOUCH HER AND I'LL TOSS YOU OFF THE CLIFF PERSONALLY! GOOD THAT?!" the Gladers shuffle around a little, looking at their feet. "GET THOSE SUPPLIES OUT. NOW!" I smile a little, he can be so... angry. I look down at the girl I'm carrying to the tent of Cliff and Jeff. Her face is covered in dried up blood, her hair a mess, dangling over my arm. tickling it. Her clothes are what all Greenies wear: combat boots, cargo pants and a plain shirt. Only on her frame, they seemed way to big. who are you? where are you here? this is going to cause so much commotion...

After watching Cliff had cleaned up her face, I could not see any wounds. "Where did the blood come from?" He looks at me, a tat annoyed, his hands going through her hair. she's got a head full of gorgeous long locks this one... "A cut, somewhere here. It's the only place in her hair with blood. But it's not easy because of all of this" he's holding up his hands full of her curls. Blonde curls, hands full of it, spread over the pillow and over the edges of the bed. "You're not shaving her head, just clean it out with water or whatever you do with cuts." I turn my attention to the other Med-Jack, Jeff. "any other injuries?" he looks at me, blushing slightly. "Well, from what I can see, nothing beside the cut on her head. If she bumped it, it could explain why she's unconscious... " "from what you can see?" he starts getting redder every second. "Yes well uhm she's uhm you know, so I'm not going to.. Alby said that we're not.. I mean, I'm a Med-Jack but still uhm well..." I see him struggling, quite entertaining really. "I understand. You didn't lift her shirt to check for bruises or anything." Jeff steps aside from the bed she was in and turns to me. "It's not that I don't want to, believe me I know how to do my job, but it doesn't seem right..." I feel a smile on my face. "You're right Jeff, good call. At least now I know I can trust you to stay here with her until she wakes up. Everyone that is not a Med-Jack" I look around at the couple of Gladers in the room and outside the window "Get back and do your bloody work ey! Shows over, come on." this show probably just started...  I try to shake the feeling and get back to the Box, helping to sort the supplies. This is going to be a long day...