stung

Athena's POV

The second I sat down, cheers and applause erupted from around the dining area. Even Chuck himself, who brushed off the dirt of his face, was smiling at me. I made my mark. not some scared Greenie anymore. but the moment didn't last very long. Alby cleared his throat and everyone sat back down, waiting for their leader to speak. His voice loud and clear. "Right. Now that we've all seen what she can do, I would like to set up a few rules considering Athena, the Greenie. You shanks have now all seen she's a girl, but that does not change the fact that she's a Glader now. Same rules apply, You never hurt a Glader, trust is key. Give her space to get used to living here. To shower, to change, to work." glaring at chuck "To eat. Tonight, there's a Bonfire. You all know what to do. Get to working!" again cheers erupted, banging on the tables and laughter. I turn to Gally, the only one not to busy cheering and making noise. "What's a Bonfire?" he grins. "We throw a Bonfire for every Greenie. Means tonight we light a big fire, get drunk, the Greenie does some traditional things to prove he's a Glader and the day after, we get a free day." to prove he's a Glader.  I see some glances my way. "what traditional things?" 

"I AM NOT DOING THAT!" I shoved Gally away from me. He just smirks "It's tradition, everyone here did it. Even Chuck." I glance over at the field where the little Glader was working, harking of something. Trying really hard not to imagine the chubby boy running a tour around the Glade in his birthday suit.  "You're lying, just to bully me. I'm not going to run around the Glade naked." "It is tradition, why not?" I hear Newt behind me. "You can't be seriously expecting me to..." When I see his face, I knew that he was joking. "Dammit Newt, not funny. It's bad enough having this shuck-face tease me about the Bonfire, not you as well!" I saw Gally opening his mouth from the corner of my eye, while Newt started laughing at me cussing at Gally. I froze as Bark started barking at someone behind me. I jolted around, standing face to face with Jeff. He ignored the dog, who was barking and growling, trying to get Jeff to step away from me. protecting me. "Hello Greenie. Ready for tonight? I would lose the sweater, if you know what I mean." after winking, he walked away. The hair on Barks neck and back still upright. "Okay... that was interesting, what's up with him?" I look at Newt, annoyed "I don't know Newt, maybe you should ask someone in charge." I spun around on my heels and walked in the opposite direction of Jeff. idiots. all of them. at least I have Bark.  The dog followed me, never straying far from my side. Without really looking where I was heading, I ended up walking into the forest again. the Deadheads. It's peaceful here, and silent. Away from all the eyes of the Gladers. you're a Glader yourself. I hate that little voice in the back of my head. I sat down and leaned against one of the bigger trees, Bark at my feet. "You're a good friend Bark. I like you." while softly petting the animals side. 

"GRRRRrrrrrrr....GRRRRRRRR" I hear Bark growling. I jerk up, I fell asleep against the tree. Looking around, I didn't see anyone. "What's wrong Bark?" He keeps growling and looking at the bushes to you're right. "Who's there?" then Bark got up, and slowly stepped over my legs, standing in front of me, teeth bare. A boy I've never seen before stumbled through the bushes, falling down. His skin was pale, with purple and black veins in his neck. his mouth foaming, eyes bloodshot. I couldn't move, and I couldn't take my eyes of of him. Bark growled louder than before, but the Glader didn't even seem to notice him. "We're never getting out of here. We're better of dead... dead I tell you. They'll never get us, if we're dead!" He was screaming at me, a sick smile across his face. Bark jumped him, biting the boys arm and growling, but I knew he couldn't win from the Glader. I jumped up and started running "Bark!! Bark come on!!". The dog let go of the boy and ran after me, barking. maybe they'll here him and come help.  I kept running, even when I saw the treeline getting closer. I screamed as I felt someone yanking at my hear, causing me to fall. Kicking and screaming, I tried to get away from the maniac, now trying to hold me down. Even Bark biting and yanking at his shirt and arms didn't seem to stop him. "GET OFF OF ME!! AAAHHH STOP, STOP IT, LET GO!!" he's gonna choke me. I feel his hands tighten around my neck. I can't scream anymore, let alone breathe. Scratching at his face, trying to kick him off me, nothing seemed to have an effect. he's really going to kill me. He's completely crazy! 

What seemed like hours later, someone pushed him off of me and held him down, rapidly beating the boys face. Someone else dragged me away from it. all chaos. Bark didn't stop barking at whoever was standing over me. "Easy boy, it's okay. I'm not hurting her, easy now." The accent said. Newt. I could hear my own raspy breathing. "Athena? you're going to be okay, you hear me? Med-jacks are on their way." I just smile at him, and holding a hand out to Bark. "I'm alive Newt. That's all that matters." 

Newt's POV

I watch as the Med-jacks carry her to their hut, to make sure she isn't hurt anywhere else. Bruises where already forming around her throat. Bark following closely behind, not letting Jeff get closer to her. Clint can handle this on his own.  can't believe I trusted Jeff to stay with her yesterday.  "NEWT! COME HELP US!!" I look at Alby, trying to hold Gally down. Minho, Thomas and Dan already have Ben under control, but they're struggling to keep it that way. I run over and grab Ben's legs together with Thomas. "We'll lock him up in the Pit, he's been stung. Figure out what to do with him tomorrow."