doesn't go around arms anymore

Gally's POV

I heard Bark before I heard her. Her scream made my heart stop and blood freeze over, right before it made my blood boil. Dropping everything, I ran. More Gladers started running, as they heard her screams from the treeline. I didn't even think when I saw Ben on top of her, his hands around her throat. I threw myself at him, slamming him to the ground. enraged, fuming with blind hatred. The image of him choking her in my mind made me loose all control, I kept beating his face, my vision going blurry. Fighting whoever is trying to get me off of Ben, to stop me beating the life out of him. Someone pins me down, and I see Ben being carried away. It took Alby a while before I was calm enough for him to let go of me. "It's not helping Athena to kill him Gally. It's not helping her at all. You'll get Banished for killing him. He got stung in the Maze, he's not Ben anymore." He spoke calmly but clear. "you're right Alby." He gave me a look, as a warning. I need to see if she's okay. he helped me get back on my feet and I started running again, storming in the hut of the Med-Jacks, almost breaking the door. I made that shucking door, I can make another one. "Greenie! are you alright? why where you out there alone?" she just looks at me, does she not realize she could have died? "I wasn't alone, I ... He warned me, gave me enough time to run... " she pets the dog that is laying next to her feet. Her voice is soft, barely a whisper. I look at Clint, whose preparing some sort of ointment. "What's that?" he almost jumps as he notices I'm talking to him. "It's something that'll stop the swelling, but best she can do is stay silent and put ice on the bruising. It's going to darken... you'll see in a couple of hours." he shifts nervously as he sits down next to Athena, very aware of the fact that you're watching his every move. She smiles and whispers again. "Sorry, no singing for me tonight." I try to smile at her while Clint is applying the ointment very carefully. he wasn't that gentle when he had to stitch that cut on me 3 weeks ago. "Don't worry Greenie. Another Bonfire. We'll wait for you."

Athena's POV

I listen as Gally explains to me what happened. "Ben is a Runner, but he got stung by a Griever and completely lost it. It doesn't happen very often, but most of the time they get aggressive, biting people and screaming... like what you just witnessed..." he looks at his feet. Clint just finished wrapping up my neck, to make sure the ointment doesn't ruin my clothes. It hurt, quite badly actually. And I just lost my voice completely. I start wrapping my hair together, then realize I don't have anything to tie it together. I look at Gally, still holding up my hair in a ponytail. He just looks at me blankly. I lift my eyebrows and pretend to wrap something around the bundle of curls. "Oh. oh right. A ribbon?" he gets up and starts searching the hut. I see Clint looking at Gally going though the crates, hating it but keeping his mouth shut.  Gally really has a reputation... it could be in my interest to keep him close. "Got it. I knew you shanks still had this." The purple ribbon was actually pretty. I look at it confused. Gally shrugs "They used this to bind of my arm when I had a lash, years ago. Now they use a belt, because this doesn't go around arms anymore..." years ago. how long had he been here? 

"Aw it's pretty! A bow, how sweet. it's really... girly!" I glare at Chuck. Gally tied it, not me. He's doing the girly things, not me. But I can't say any of that. Instead, Newt does the talking for me. "Jealous Chuck? do you want a pretty ribbon too?" I smile. exactly, thank you Newt. Dinner is some kind of stew. and it's not bad, but it's not good either. I just eat it to have something in my stomach. It's starting to cool down in the Glade, even with the sweater on, it's chilly. I see Newt looking at me. "Cold? Here, take my jacket." Before I could protest, he draped the leather jacket over my shoulders. It smells like him. I guess it couldn't hurt...  "Oh come on Newt, I just came over to offer her mine. Hello Beautiful." Minho winked at me and sat down across the table from me. I ignored him. "Pfew what a day in the Maze. Ben being stung. missing you throwing shoes at stealing Gladers... I can't imaging what you're gonna throw at me when I steal your heart ey!" Still ignoring him. "Minho, slim it. She can't speak, her throat is hurt. Don't you have to be in the Map Room? you know, doing your job of mapping the Maze?" I looked up at Newt.  mapping the maze. Runners try to find a way out... Ben said there was no way out. that we were trapped here. "Truetrue true... well then, I'll see you later tonight gorgeous." I think everyone could see the "ew" in my expression. Everyone except Gally, where is he?