but still witty

Gally's POV

"Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly lavender's green.." I hear her voice softly, blown our way on the breeze. I stop and listen, trying to find out from which direction it was coming.

"When you are king, dilly, dilly I shall be queen.
Who told you so, dilly, dilly who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly that told me so."
Then I see her, a few meters away, near the stream. She's gathering smaller branches, the ones we need to start a fire. "Call up your men, dilly, dilly set them to work
Some to the plough, dilly, dilly some to the fork"
Some of the other Gladers have noticed her as well, but only glance and continue about their work. She's beautifull...

"Some to make hay, dilly, dilly some to cut corn
While you and I, dilly, dilly keep ourselves warm."
I let myself slide down a tree, enjoying her voice and watching her bind together a bundle of wood, setting it aside to start a new one.

"Lavender's green, dilly, dilly Lavender's blue

If you love me, dilly, dilly I will love you"  She walks away from where I'm sitting, picking up branches from the forest floor. I get up and follow her, silently, trying not to scare her.

"Let the birds sing, dilly, dilly And the lambs play
We shall be safe, dilly, dilly out of harm's way"
I jump behind a tree as she turns around to get another piece of rope to bind the bundle together, working in a steady pace. 

"I love to dance, dilly, dilly I love to sing
When I am queen, dilly, dilly You'll be my king.
Who told me so, dilly, dil
AAH... Dammit.." I see her dropping the bundle and grabbing her hand, she's bleeding. The stitches on her fingers. "Athena are you alright?" I step closer to her, ignoring that I startled her a bit, gently taking her hand in mine. just what I thought... "Gally what are you doing here? You were working over there..." I smile "I heard an angel singing, and I couldn't resist." She sniffles, a small smile appearing on her lips. Her eyes watery, it must really hurt. "I didn't see any angel, sorry to disappoint..." The usual blush on her cheeks is gone, so I pick her up, bridal style. "You never disappoint little. Except at chopping wood. You really suck at that." She chuckles. I love seeing her smile. "Good that. Lucky me for being surrounded by shanks you can do only that ey." I grin, and pretend to stumble, almost letting her slip out of my arms. She screams a bit before starting to laugh. "Oh I'm sorry. You were saying something?" The sound of her laughing cheers the Glade up, like the sun appearing from behind a thundercloud. She let's her head rest in the crook of my neck, chuckling softly. "What's so funny little shank?" She look up at me and grins "No wonder you're the Keeper. Not everyone is strong enough to carry injured Builders to the Med-Jacks..." Bleeding and pale, but still so witty.  I just groan, muttering about her bleeding all over her own shirt this time and step inside the Med-Jack hut. "Hello Gally, what... Oh it's her again." I glare at Jeff. "Where's Clint?" Jeff is still looking at Athena, who I place down on the table. She refuses to lay down. Jeff sighs, walking out "I'll go get him." Athena is looking around, her eyes suddenly widen. "Chuck? What are you doing here?" I now see the boy laying on one of the beds as well. An icepack against his head. He smiles faintly. "I bumped my head... " He takes off the icepack and reveals the lump on his head, starting to bruise badly. Athena jumps off the table before I could stop her "Oh no Chuckie, that looks like it must've hurt quit a bit... What happened?" She kneels down beside the bed and takes the icepack from him, holding it against his head gently. "I might have stumbled on the stairs in the Homestead..." "You have to be careful Chuckie, you could have broken a bone. Or worse." She's sounding really worried, taking care of the boy even as she is need of care herself. She's selfless... Chuck smiles a bit more confident now "You should be a Med-Jack Athena." Her laughter fills the room like music. "Alby suggested that some Gladers might injure themselves a bit more often to come and see me..." She glances at me. I cross my arms over my chest, pretending not to know why she looked at me like that. But I would. For every cut or splinter. Clint walks in, rubbing his hands clean with some rags. "Sorry, the Slicers slice themselves more then meat I'm afraid... Hi Athena, let me see that finger of yours." She gives Chuck a small kiss on his forehead, avoiding the sore area and walks over to the table. "I was gathering some wood when a couple of the stitches got ripped out." She grins a little as she places her hand in Clint's, but his expression isn't as cheery. He looks up at her. "You're going to need to lay down for this Athena. I need to take them all out and stitch it again, after cleaning it out... It looks infected. It's not going to be pleasant..." She looks at him scared. "You mean... opening it up again?" Clint just looks at me. "If you could..." I already got the message, walk over and hold her down on the table while Clint binds her arm on a piece of wood, steadying it. She looks terrified at me, but I can't let her squirm or pull away. That'll only make it worse... "Don't be scared, it'll be over before you know it. Look at me, I'm here." "Gally please this isn't necessary, I'm fin AAAH" I hold her down as she screams, seeing Clint work as fast as he can with the blade, opening up the wound to let the yellowish fluid and blood out. When all the stitches are out, she just sobs, her eyes clenched shut. "Please stop, make it stop..." She winces as Clint disinfects the wound, cleaning it out. I wish I could take some of the pain away... But then, her head just falls to the side. "Uhm Clint? I think she passed out. Can you stitch it before she wakes up again?" I look at the Med-Jack while he cleans out the infected area thoroughly. "Yes. She lasted longer than most of the guys, through the worst part. Tough Greenie... But hold her down anyway, you never know..." He holds the needle in a flame by the fire until it's glowing red. "Right. Let's see..." 

Athena's POV

Someone is dabbing my forehead with a damp rag. "Gally?" The accent that answers is certainly not Gally. "Sorry love, he'll be back any second. How are you feeling?" My head is spinning... "Alive. I think. I can't feel my arm..." I try to move my fingers, but nothing happens. I try to sit up, but Newt pushed me down gently. "That's normal, Clint had to bind off your arm for a couple of minutes. You lost a bit of blood." I sigh. "It's only a small cut in my finger." Gally walks through the door, zipping up his pants. I raise an eyebrow at him and smirk. "Real classy Gal." He ignores my remark and studies my face, as if it's written on my forehead how I feel. "Welcome back in the land of the living. Feeling alright little Greenie? You scared me back there..." I remember screaming. Him holding me down as I try to get away from the pain. I look at the ceiling, avoiding his gaze. "yeah... sorry about that..." Newt grins a bit. "You scared the whole shucking Glade, everyone heard that scream. Almost as loud as that bloody siren." I feel my lips curl up in a small smile. "Can I sit up now?" They both look at Clint, who was busy cleaning up. That's a lot of bloodstained bandages... "Careful and slowly. I gave her something against the pain, might make her lightheaded. Some Gladers get nauseous." I glare at him, "I'm right here you know. I can hear you." I sit up and swing my legs off the table. Regretting it instantly, as my head starts spinning again and I feel like I'm going to faint. "Whoa easy now." Newt and Gally both grab an arm and lift me to my feet, holding me up to make sure I didn't fall. My knees were a bit shaky, but I managed to take some small steps. "I think I'm okay now. How long was I out for?" But the clanging from Fry near the dining area answered that question. Almost all afternoon. "Right. Let's get some dinner then." Newt lets go off me to open the door, but Gally just moves his hands to my waist, almost lifting me off my feet as I walk over to the dining area. My finger is bandaged so thickly that I couldn't move it even it I wanted to. My arm starts tingling. I stumble a bit. "No Gally don't, let me walk. You can't carry me everywhere all the time." He smirks "Watch me." He's never going to let me do anything alone ever again...

I feel the Gladers looking at me. At us, as Gally sets me down next to Minho. Thomas, Alby and Winston sit across from the table. Minho looks me up and down. "What Minho?" He grins. "I'm looking for where all that voice came from. Damn you're loud, causing panic within seconds." I blush and look at the bandage around my finger. Alby asks me how I feel, and everyone looks at me again. "I'm a bit dizzy, but it's not too bad. Clint said that's normal... Did you find that Griever?" I hadn't had a chance to ask any of the Runners about that. Minho swallows a bite of stew before answering me. "Sorry beautiful, it was gone. Left a whole lot of stinking mess, but no Griever." "Oh..." He looks at me again. "Talking about a mess... Why do you have half the forest in your hair?" I laugh, stroking over my hair quickly, feeling some leaves and branches. "Will you help me after dinner? I kinda promised some Builders to join them at their storytelling thing at the Homestead." Gally sets down a bowl of soup in front of me and sits down, a plate of stew and a piece of bread for himself. "No you're not. You need to rest." I glare at him "But I promised..." He shoots me a warning look, making me shut my mouth. Thomas clears his throat "Just one story. I'll babysit. She'll be in bed before the sun is down. Promise." He smiles a halfsmile at me, looking at Gally. "Mind your own business Shank. She's not going." I turn to Thomas, "It's okay, another time. I'm not going anywhere..." I start eating the soup and look down at the table, hoping that Thomas would just drop it. I don't want to argue with Gally now. I'm tired... No one said another thing, just eating in silence. When Minho finishes his plate, he starts plucking out the pieces of forest out of my hair as I sip from the soup. Eating his plate clean, Gally looks at him sideways, watching his every move. I sigh "Stop it Gal." "Stop what." "Staring." I feel exhausted. I push the bowl of soup away, indicating that anyone who wants it can take it. But I loose my balance and grip the table to keep myself from falling forwards. "Whoa... No I'm fine, just got a bit dizzy there. Really I'm okay now." I push Gally's hands away from me, as he pulls me closer to him. "I'm not helpless, leave me be." I didn't want to seem weak in front of the others. I get up and step over the bench, pushing me up on his shoulder. "I'm going to lay down a bit... " Gally stands up as well, but I protest "No really, I'm fine. Just... help Fry for me, will you? Please?" I don't wait for a response and start walking back to the hut, feeling like a ghost. I really lost a lot of blood... I feel my knees wobbling a bit, but I make it inside without falling down. I close the door and breathe in deeply, enjoying the dark and silence in the hut. Without even taking my boots off, I let myself fall down on the bed, closing my eyes. I hate feeling so weak...