What could possibly go wrong?

Newt's POV

I woke up because my ankle was throbbing. again. "Bloody hell..." This always happened when there would be a thunderstorm, like the electricity in the air was stabbing his old injury. Some days, I didn't even have a limp, other days I couldn't use my left leg altogether. I swing my legs out of the hammock, nearly toppling over. Looking around the room, I decide to not even bother to put on a shirt. It's already too warm and the sun hasn't risen. Athena is going to love the heat.  I look out my window, I can see Gally's hut from. Looks like only the Runners and Frypan are awake. "Alright. Let's get this day over with." Today I knew that I had to figure out what to do with Athena. Other than the millions this I wish I could with her... No. No time for that klunk. I just head to the showers. A cold one. Hoping I could get her voice out of my head.

Athena's POV

Gally looks peaceful asleep. It's weird, him not looking angry. Me on the other hand, I feel like I'm going to melt with the sweater on, blankets and Gally's body heat. And the pounding in my head. "Gally? wake up... can you wake up? Galllyyyy." I gave him a slight nudge, but I startled him and he rolled out of bed. The breeze that caused was like a gift from heaven. "Oh thanks." I grab the edges of the sweater, but see Gally staring at me. he's awake and alert quicker than I thought. and he's sweaty... "Is it hot in here or is it just me?" I smirk a little, waiting for his reaction. Teasing Gally is the only fun thing for me to do in this Glade. "I uhm..." he clears his throat, but recovers and flashes me a smile. "It's a hot day today. There is only one thing to do then." Then he grabs the back of his own shirt and pulls it over his head. "Much better." still smirking. "What are you waiting for Greenie? an invitation?" as he flexes his bicep. am I drooling? I can't breathe. I am probably drooling. He's gorgeous, build like a... I don't even know. I snap out of it, looked away from his perfect abs and decided to repay his kindness in a similar way. While standing up, I grab the edges of my sweater again. And the edge of the shirt underneath it. Pulling it up, over my head, not to slow but steady. "Ah you're right. Much better. Breakfast?" I smile sweetly as I turn to the door, wanting to step out. He steps in front of me, trying very hard not to stare at the black sportsbra. It's not revealing everything, only a hint of cleavage, more see through in the back, but it showed my stomach, back, shoulders, collarbones... everything a Glader has never seen of a girl before. Just like I just got a view I don't remember ever seeing before.... Then he just looks at the ceiling, a slight blush on his cheeks. "You can't go out like that." I cross my arms, knowingly pushing up my breasts. more cleavage...  "and why is that? Should I take this off as well, go bare chested, like you?" pretending to pull down one of the straps. He grabs both of my hands and holds them mid air in between us. Looking me dead serious in the eyes. "I won't have it."He won't have it??  I look at him, hopefully as angry as I was beginning to feel. "YOU won't have it??" his grip around my wrists tightens a little bit. he's getting angry as well.  Raising his voice, he pulls me a bit closer to him "You have no idea what they... You'll cause chaos and they'll..." but then he stops, breathing a bit calmer, looking away again. "At least a shirt... to cover your shoulders. For the sunburn. I don't want to hear you whining about the pain tonight. it's annoying." there he is, grumpy Gally like everyone knows him. I yank my wrists out of his grip, feeling a bit less angry, thinking about what he said. he's got a good point there.  "Fine. Only because of that. Not because you told me so." I turn around and grab the green shirt, at least this one doesn't smell like smoke and ashes. Gally begins de-barricading the door, opening it and letting in bright sunlight. While tying a knot in the front of the shirt, exposing my lower back and stomach, I walk past him. "Greenie! come back here!" I don't even look back. stupid Gally and his stupid sixpack. "Now what?" he walks up to me, and points at the knot in my shirt "Don't do that." I look down, feeling a rage starting to burn inside of me. "Why don't you just leave me alone, SHANK!".  My voice broke with that last word, cracking and sounding hoarse. Guess my throat isn't as okay as I thought. I hate the pounding in my head, just wishing it would stop. I spin around and storm off, before he could make another remark about how my clothes weren't right, how I should hide my body or how I'm only causing trouble... He must really resent me for being a girl...

Gally's POV

she called me a shank. After taking her shirt off, showing me what's underneath. Her small frame isn't really that small, it's just well hidden underneath the large shirts. what I saw when her shirt was wet didn't even compare to... I shake my head and keep hitting the nail, even after it's gone in the board. "Whoa Gally, you're going to break the board" I look up at Alex, who's working beside me today. In the blazing heat, even though breakfast was only one hour ago. "Shuck it." I jump down from the hut we're fixing. she called me a shank and I let her. I've gone soft...I can't let her have that effect on me.  I glance over the kitchen, where she is cleaning up after breakfast, helping Frypan.  I didn't hear her say anything at breakfast, she was just sipping some tea Chuck had made for her. with all the ingredients I used for the Bonfire, without the alcohol. I should've thought of that. I see her walking out of the building, getting water from the barrels at the back. The bandages around her neck are gone. The deep purple is turning greenish around the edges, contrasting against her pale complexion. My fists were clenching just thinking about Ben's hands, strangling her. "Ahum... Hello. How's it going with the Greenie?" Newt is standing next to me, acting casually.  what's up with him, looking at her like that?  "She's holding up better than most. The kitchen seems to be a good job for her." I smirk. because it was my idea. Newt rolls his eyes. Like almost all of the other Gladers, he wasn't wearing a shirt. "Figured as much. Knives, hot pans, fire... what could possibly go wrong? I'm going to check up on her, as you were." He limps over to the building. hot days must be the worst for him... I picked up a board and climbed back on the roof. Working will get my head back straight. Why would I care that Newt is going over to see her now? with her shirt up, sweaty from the work, angry at me... someone was humming the tune of the song Athena sang at the Bonfire. The memory of her voice... Before I knew it, pain shot up through my arm. I had missed the nail and hammered on my finger. "SHUCKING KLUNK!!" 

Athena's POV

Gally's curses were heard all across the Glade, even waking up Bark as he slept under the table in the corner of the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and went back to shopping up carrots. I'm good at this, faster than Frypan. "Hi Greenie. Everything alright?" I see Newt leaning against the doorframe, obviously panting but trying to hide it. "Yeah it's alright, I like this." as I gesture at the kitchen in general. "Why don't you sit down, I'll get you something to drink." I nearly push him down on the chair, seeing he wanted to start to protest. his limping is worse today. Returning with two cups of cold stream water, I lean against the counter and look at him drinking, chugging the whole cup. "So Newt, what do you do when it's hot as hell? I'm nearly done here." he pretends to think about something, but I could see that he had an idea. Lights flickering in his dark brown eyes. "Meet me at the Bloodhouse when you're done. There is something I forgot to show you yesterday." his smile made me smile as well. maybe I can make him forget the pain for a couple of hours.  I see Fry looking at me with a look in his eyes, as if he knows something that I don't. "What are you smiling about Fry? do I have something on my face again?" He laughs and turn back to the potatoes he was peeling. "Yeah. You've got a dumb smile on your shuck face again. Get working Greenie, or do you want to keep loverboy waiting?" I shoot him a glare, but smile down at the carrots I continued chopping. I don't like Newt like that. I barely know anyone here...

As I head out of the kitchen, I see Chuck running towards me. He sure runs a lot for a chubby kid. "Hello thief. What's up?" he smiles at the nickname, his cheek still a bit blue from the impact of my boot. "Newt send me to see 'what is taking so bloody long'. So what is taking so bloody long?" I laugh at his impersonation of Newt's accent. "Where is Newt?" Chuck point to the treeline behind the Bloodhouse. "Just keep going straight, to the corner of the walls there. Gotta go now before Alby sees me, later Greenie!" and Chuck is gone again. in the forest. near the wall. okay... What is Newt up to? I shake the feeling and cross the Glade, hoping that I would not get lost in the woods. Again.