cold to the touch

Gally's POV

She's still shivering, even after I gave her my own blanket. She seems to be asleep, but she's restless. Carefully I place my hand against her cheek. shucking hell she's freezing. Her eyes flutter open for a moment, but she doesn't seem to wake up. Her entire body shivers as she re positions herself again. I can't let her freeze to death. to the maze with Alby's orders. I slowly get up and sit at the edge of her bed. my bed. "move over Greenie" I whisper, but she just shivers and turns her head. Trying to be gentle as to not waking her, I lift her body and get in the bed. As soon as I lay down, I feel her breath against my neck. she's hiding her face in the crook of my neck. I lift the blankets a little so I can get under them, partially. Her sleeping body tries to get as close to mine as possible. she feels so cold, poor thing. Even in the dark of the room, I can see her lips. They're not pink anymore, but a blue/purple shade. I wrap my arms around her little body, trying to ignore the annoying feeling in my chest. why am I afraid? It's just a Greenie.  She felt to tiny under my hands, even though she was so angry today. I let my hand rest on her hip, the other on the small of her back. if I'm not careful, I could crush her. I try not to think of the curves of her body, how tiny her hands feel against my chest. Her feet don't even reach my ankles and her head lays lower then mine. so small and still, she's gone give us a lot of trouble...

The shivering stopped half an hour ago, and her lips are a pink shade that looks healthy. and beautiful. Wait what? get your shit together you shank, she's just a Greenie. I tense up as she moves, but she's still asleep. Her hands against his chest, her head resting on his bicep, her legs intertwined with his. She nuzzles her head closer, making her nose touch his shoulder. at least she's warm now. I look down at her features, she looks so peacefully and... happy? I still don't get what she's doing to me. The feeling of needing to keep her safe grew every minute. Without waking her up, I softly press my lips against her hair. She didn't deserve any of this. who would be so cruel to send her here? I listen to the walls of the maze moving, slowly letting the fatigue take over. I can't let her know...

Girl's POV

The dream was so vivid. I was running and running and running through the ice and snow, but I never seemed to move from the spot I was running in. Everything was cold, freezing to the touch. But then, all the cold slowly went away and there was only darkness. Peaceful nothingness. A dreamless sleep. I sighed, enjoying the warmth of the bed I was in, never wanting to leave it. something is different. I move a little, but there's a weight around my waist. One of my legs seemed to be stuck as well.  Did someone tie me up again? Still sleepy, I move my hands to my face, but I freeze. My hands are touching someone. I can feel the muscles under the skin, the steady rise and fall of breathing. don't move. don't wake him up. DON'T WAKE HIM U... "Morning Greenie". I open my eyes and look up at his face. Gally's face. He still had sleep in his eyes, but he didn't look as angry as he did yesterday. I didn't know what to do or say. wasn't he supposed to sleep on the floor? He shifted so he'd lay on his back instead of his side, his arm still around my waist. "It's another hour untill breakfast, try and go back to sleep." he's being nice to me. why? "Do you want me to be rude and angry?" He's looking at me again. "I said that out loud?" he let's his head fall back onto the pillow. "Yes Greenie, I can't read people's shucking mind." it was silent for a moment. I tried to get comfortable again without touching him, I don't know how I feel about him being so close to me. He seemed to notice. "You weren't shy when it was cold. I won't tell if you won't." He half-smiled at me. "I just... you... I don't... uhm" I can't seem to get the words right. he is attractive. and a brute. but now he's nice?  I'm confused, no way I'm going back to sleep. I sat up "I think I would like to shower. get the leaves out of my hair and..." I looked down at my clothes. I didn't have any other shirts. Gally sat up next to me, bringing his face way closer to mine as I anticipated. "You don't want to go to the showers just yet. The Runners are getting ready now." I must have looked as confused as I felt. Gally snickered. "Minho, Thomas and 3 other Gladers, all naked in the stalls, without doors. You want to go and shower now?" I'm sure he could see the terror in my eyes. "That's what I thought. Well, I'm not sleeping anymore, want some help with that?" he gestures at my hair. he's being to nice. what is he up to?

"Do you have a comb?" I can't look at him since he's sitting behind me, trying to get something out of my hair. I hear him chuckle "Do I look like I would have a comb?" I can't help but smile a little. His hair is short, very short. Military style. "I guess not. Minho probably does, he looks vain as shuck." really Athena, shuck?  I gasp. Gally sighs "I did not pull at your hair again, so what is it?" I ignored him. My name is Athena. Gally stopped with what he was doing. "Greenie? everything alright?" I turned by upper body so that I could look at him. "Not Greenie. Athena." I see something glimmer in his eyes, just for a second. "You remembered your name. Good that. I'm not done here Greenie, turn back around." His stoic expression back on his face. But I couldn't care less. I had my name back. No one can take that away from me. never again.