My bed

Gally's POV

She didn't follow me to the Builders hut. Alex looks surprised to see me. "Oh, hey Gally." I nod at him, not saying anything, looking for some gloves and an ax. The storm from a few nights before had done some damage in the forest, breaking of branches and even making a tree fall down. Now it's up to the Builders to chop the wood, for the fires and make boards to build with. Most of the Builders and some Bricknicks were busy sawing the cracked branches off of trees, some of the fallen tree. I see Greg chopping at the thicker branches, clearing the stem to make boards out of later. I'll take the other side. I still haven't seen Athena. She'll show up, if she's planning to tease me some more, seducing me into kissing her first. I smirk and start chopping, feeling the muscles in my arms and core tense and relax with each blow. It didn't take long for my shirt to start clinging to my body, soaked in sweat. After chopping off the branches, Greg and I start chopping them up in smaller pieces, making it easier for us to stack them later, letting them dry. I plunge my ax into the log I was using to split the wood when I hear the whistles. she's here. I turn around to see her walking over here with a large can of lemonade and some cups. With her shirt tied up in a knot, and her hair loose. "Hi boys. A bit of refreshment?" She smiles angelically, setting the can and cups down on one of the sawing tables. I see them hesitating, looking at me and back to her, standing there, smiling invitingly. I sigh. "Ten minutes." I see her walking over to me, still smiling at every passing Glader. She looks a lot better then this morning, Clint really did a good job healing her.  She looks me up and down as she sits down on the tree. "Oh my it is hot today. And you're working so hard..." I chuckle, picking up what she's putting down. Slowly, I reach for the hem of my shirt, lifting it up and giving her a look at my abs. I see her staring and clear my throat. "I think I'll go get myself some lemonade. Do you want a cup? you're looking rather thirsty..." I wink and walk over to the group of Gladers near the can, leaving her sitting there. I'll take my shirt of when she's watching, but not when she's asking for it. I grin as I pick up two cups and turn around to walk back over to her. But she must've followed me, and I bump into her, spilling to content mainly over myself. She gasps, but starts laughing. "Now you really need to take it off Gal. It'll get sticky..." I shoot her a glare, and rip the shirt over my head, trowing it at her. "Happy now?" Her eyes wide and she stutters "I uhm Sure. I should... go. somewhere..." She bites her lower lip and turns around blushing, walking back to the Kitchen, where she came from. Guess she didn't really expect me to take it off. I chuckle and sit down, sipping from the lemonade. 

Athena's POV

I didn't think he would actually take his shirt off when I asked him to. But he did... and WAW. His abs perfectly defined, the veins in his arms popping from the hard work and the sweat making it all glisten in light. It caught me off guard and I just stuttered, forgetting every word I know. My plan to make him a bit jealous might have worked, but I keep seeing him in my mind, ripping off the shirt. He knows what he's doing to me... Dammit I wanted to jump him. This makes it more fun, of course, but I can't risk giving in first. I step back into the Kitchen and tie my hair back up in a ponytail. Fry looks up and smiles "Back already? I didn't expect to see you for another hour..." I feel myself starting to blush again, sticking my tongue out at him. "Just brought them some lemonade, I don't know what you mean." I sip from the cup of tea that's always waiting for me when I enter the Kitchen. Fry is really spoiling me.  He chuckles and turns back to the oven, checking on the bread. I hum and finish up the dishes. Then an idea pops into my head. I can't wait until lunch. 

I sit down across from Gally, in between two Gladers whose names  I almost don't remember. Chuck is the only one besides me at the table with a shirt on. "Hi." They just stare at me, Gally smiles. "Hello Greenie. You were gone so quickly before, something wrong?" I feel a blush creeping up, but I just smile sweetly at him. "No, everything's fine. Tell me, how's the chopping going?" I look at the boy at my right, "Greg, right?" He looks at bit startled, like he wasn't expecting me talking to him. If not for that scar, I wouldn't have recognized him..."It's uhm okay I guess. Just work..." He clears his throat and takes a bite off his sandwich, so I turn to my left. "Looked like hard work, and in this heat... You guys must be tired." I smile at him, watching him sit up straighter. He smiles back at me "Oh no it's fine. We're used to it. The hard work, I mean." Oh a tough one this one. I smile wider "Well I'm glad I don't have to do it. Can't image me wielding an ax like that..." I look at Gally, who is looking at me with a mixed expression on his face, like he's trying to figure out why I'm talking to them instead of trying to seduce him. The boy on my left chuckles "It's not that hard, I can teach you, if you want?" He has absolutely no idea what I'm doing. "I'd love that, Philip. I'll come over after helping Fry." I turn to my plate and bite a small piece of my sandwich, at the same time letting my foot touch Gally's leg, slowly going up. Alby walks past and gives me a strange look. I ignore him and keep eating, watching Gally trying to get away from my foot without the others noticing. Eventually, he just grabs my ankle and gives it a small jank, making me squeal. "Are you alright Athena?" Greg and Philip both look at me worried while Gally just smirks. "Oh yes, sorry, I thought I felt a bug on my ankle, but I guess it's gone now." I pretend to shudder a bit "I really don't like bugs" I look at Gally while saying that, making him laugh. The two Gladers completely miss it, but Chuck narrows his eyes and looks from me to Gally and back. "What's going on guys? you're acting... weird." I laugh "What do you mean Chuck? We're just talking." I give him a look to make him shut up. I'll tell you later Chuck, just shush now. He understands and smiles. "Guess it's my imagination." I see his eyes grow bigger, a sparkle of mischief in them. "Ey Greg, why don't you invite Athena to the get together tonight? I'm sure she'd love to hear some of your stories." Oh no Chuck. Too much, too shucking much. Greg turns to me, smiling shyly. "You're always welcome, if you want to. In the Homestead, after dinner." I smile back at him and nod, seeing Gally clench his jaw. "Sounds like fun. Doesn't it, Gally?" I turn to him, still smiling, seeing him get frustrated. I guess he figured it out, I'm trying to make him jealous. Making him want to kiss me, just to show the others that I'm his. I gather the empty plates and get up from the table. "See ya later boys." Knowing I got eyes on me, I keep smiling and picking up plates from other tables, saying hi to more of the Gladers I never really see. Alby is still watching me, a suspicious look in his eyes. 

"Okay Fry, dishes are done. What do you need me to do?" He turn around, still holding the wooden spoon. "I need the meat Winston promised me for dinner. Can you go ask?" And he turns back around, stirring in the big pot of soup. "Sure thing." I braid my hair again while walking to the Bloodhouse, making sure all the strands are out of my face and neck. This heat, it's nearly unbearable. I savor every breeze. "Greenie! wait up." I turn around and see Alby walking towards me. Oh I'm in trouble... He looks at me with a stoic expression. "Athena, what is going on between you and Gally?" I look at him, surprised. "I uhm... we...might be.. sort of..." He puts his hands on my shoulders. "Are you a thing or not?" I don't know what to say. "I think we are... Is that a bad thing?"I think back at this morning, me sitting on top of Gally. He smiles a little. "No, it's not. You're not in trouble, neither is Gally. I kinda saw this coming from miles away." I blush and look down at my feet. Alby clears his throat "So... what are you up to? Those boys didn't stand a chance back there." I chuckle softly and look up at him. "They really didn't, did they. Gally and I made a kind of bet..." I explain quickly, as a leader, Alby shouldn't support these kinds of things. But as a person, he loved the idea of making Gally pay for all the years of torment. He is still laughing when he walks away. I might need his help later. I continue my way to the Bloodhouse, as I see Bark running to greet me. "Hello there friend, haven't seen you in a while..." I pet the dog and knock on the door, knowing better than to just walk in. I don't want to see what they do in there... Winston opens the door himself, giving me a vile look. "What?" I smile at him "Fry send me to pick up the meat for dinner." Winston just nods, but then looks at me. "I'll send someone to bring it. It's more than you can carry alone..." And he slams the door shut. "Alright then... " I head back towards the Kitchen, letting Fry know his meat will be delivered. "Good that, now off you go." 

Philip smiles widely when he sees me coming his way. "Hello Athena. Are you sure you want to do this?" I smirk "Is that a challenge?" He hands me the ax, which is a lot heavier than I anticipated. I nearly drop it, but get a hold of it before it slips through my hands. "Oh okay... Got it." I hear a couple of chuckles coming from the Gladers around us. They stopped working to watch. Philip places a piece of wood on the log, pointing where he wants me to chop the wood. "Use the weight of the ax by holding it at the end. Hold it firmly, aim and swing." He steps back a bit. So I lift up the ax, and let it swing down onto the wood, going halfway through. A bit of applause and cheers erupt, as I laugh, trying to get the ax out. "Shucking hell, I can't..." I laugh harder, as Philip takes over and lifts the ax together with the block of wood, swinging down at the log and chopping through this time, freeing the ax. "That wasn't so bad, you didn't miss. But I remember you having a good aim, of course." He winks at me, referring to the time I threw a boot at Chuck for stealing my sandwich. I laugh, a bit forced. "Yeah, right. Well, I think I'll leave the chopping to you then. Thanks for letting me try Philip. I'll see you around..." He smiles and gets back to chopping wood. I turn around to walk away when someone grabs my arm and starts dragging me away from the other working Gladers. Just like before. Gally looks back to make sure we're far enough, out of sight. "I want you to stop doing that. Right now." He looks at me angry, really angry. "I'm just talking to other Gladers, I don't really know any of them..." He steps closer, and I step back, my back now against a tree. "You're doing more than just talking, and you know it." He places his hands against the tree, on either side of my head. Okay he's really jealous now. "Does that bother you?" I ask softly, looking at his lips, not moving an inch. He steps even closer, his body almost pressing against mine, his face so close to mine, our noses almost touch. "It does bother me. A lot. So stop flirting with those shanks, and I might show you some mercy later tonight. In the hut. Where you sleep..." he leans in to whisper in my ear. "... In my bed." 

Gally's POV

I pick up my ax and start chopping wood again. She had goosebumps allover, her eyes so big... I grin, the effect she has on me, I have on her. But still, seeing her smiling and talking to the others like that, I didn't like it. It didn't make me angry enough to go and beat some sense in the shanks, but I kept a close eye on her. I noticed that she avoided physical contact, not standing to close to any of them and crossing her arms as if to shield herself from them. She did smile, genuinely, but the laughing was a bit forced sometimes. She really only did it to make me jealous. And it worked. I had to fight the urge to walk over and pull her close to me, kissing her in front of them all. showing them she's mine and mine only. Giving her exactly what she aimed for. I smile, thinking about how clever she is. But this plan was to predictable... I keep working, smiling. Wondering what's next.