Chapter 4: Cato- born to volunteer

ALL RIGHTS TO SUZANNE COLLINS!!! 😝😝😝

Cato's POV:

Today was my day. I've been training for these games ever since I can remember. That's illegal, of course, but since we come from district 2, one of the richest districts, we easily get away with it. Kids that have trained for the games are called careers and they are usually in a big alliance called the career pack. We team up to take out the other tributes and then, well, we kill each other. The career pack are usually the tributes from district 1, 2 and 4 and rarely tributes from other districts join us. This doesn't happen very often however since most of them aren't as strong as us. 

2 months ago I turned 18 and now I'm going to volunteer for the games. Most of the tributes from district 1 and 2 are usually volunteers and that's not a big deal. However it still gets you higher in the line for sponsors. Not like it would be hard for me to get them anyways since I'm smart, strong, handsome and the future winner of the 74th Hunger Games. Anyways, the reaping is about to begin. That same lady from the Capitol comes to the podium. Shane was her name I believe.

"Gentlemen, I know you're all really excited, but ladies first!" she shouts and we laugh. She draws a slip of paper from the big glass reaping ball and opens it. "Mira Lathern!" she shouts and a big, probably 17 year old girl, with blond hair comes out of the crowd. She smirks and looks at all of the other girls as if she's superior to them. Well she was: she was chosen to participate in the Hunger Games. But then a girl steps in and raises her voice:

"I volunteer as tribute." she says. Everybody's quiet and the blondie didn't look happy at all. Too bad that she's not coming, she was good looking. 

"I believe we have a volunteer! Come up darling." Shane says. As the girl moves closer to the podium I finally get to see who she was: Clove. I clench my teeth. She was my training partner at the academy and we are good friends. She's the best with knives, but she's only 15 and she shouldn't volunteer. Kids normally wait until they're 18 so that they can be the oldest tributes and have more time to train. Why on earth did she volunteer then?! She knew that I would volunteer this year. I don't want to have to kill her. I will if it comes to it, of course.  

As she walks to the podium the blondie shoots her death stares, but Clove pretends like she doesn't notice. Shane urges the blondie to get off the stage, but she doesn't stop glaring at Clove even while coming down. When both of them meet blondie shoves Clove. I almost chuckle. She doesn't know what she has brought upon herself. If Clove ever came back home (which was not going to happen since I'm going to win) she would torture that blondie to death. Clove was extremely dangerous. Not only was she an expert with knives, but also had a really twisted mind. I've always admired that in her. She was smart, sadistic and twisted. She's the type of person to enjoy torture and the type of person to win the Hunger Games. Too bad that she chose to volunteer the year that I did. I had a sinister smile. 

"What's your name sweetie?" Shane asks and I snicker. Sweetie? That wasn't a way to address someone like Clove. 

"Clove Kentwell" she says proudly looking at both of her parents. Blondie mimics her words "Clove Kentwell, my ass" I can see her say. Yeah, our district was pretty feisty. Most people however knew not to mess with people like me and Clove. 

"And now for the boys!" Shane says. She reaches in and takes another slip of paper. "John Klopers!" she shouts and a small boy, about 13 years old, was about to step in from the crowd when I shout: "I volunteer as tribute."

"Another volunteer? Well this day is E.X.C I.T.I.N.G. for sure! Come up here!" I start walking towards her looking as confident as I could and I could see some girls whispering to each other. Well, what can I do about it? I'm Cato Hadley after all. I wink at some them as I walk up to the podium. "What is your name?" Shane continued.

"Cato. Cato Hadley" I reply smirking and I swear I could see her blush. I couldn't tell a lot from the amount of makeup she was wearing, but I know the effect I have on women. 

"Well, let's have a big round of applause for our two volunteers. District 2's tributes for the 74th Hunger Games: Clove Kentwell and Cato Hadley!

I watch as the tributes clap in excitement. I smirk at them. Sorry Clove, but I was coming back as the victor.

-----------------------------------------------

Heyyyy! This chapter is a bit different because it's from Cato's POV. I decided it would be interesting to see how he thinks. If you don't like it, well sorry about that. I'm going to make one more chapter on the train from Cato's POV and then move on. If you want to know what happens in the train with Katniss and Peeta, well read the book or watch the movie 🤷‍♀️, since I have to get to the catoniss part 😅

💋I will try to update regularly! 💋

😻Thank you all for taking a bit of your time to read my forth chapter!😻

🤩Comment what you think and how I can improve it! I'm open to your ideas!🤩

😨Do you think Cato will really kill Clove?😨