Chapter 28: What's the fun of playing with fire if it doesn't burn a little?

ALL RIGHTS TO SUZANNE COLLINS!!! 😝😝😝

Katniss' POV:

I do what I want to do and nobody can tell me otherwise. Clove was basically trying to do that! And she literally told me that she would choose Cato over me any second. Like damn okay, but let me remind you who screwed up her life just to save your pathetic ass earlier this morning.

Ugh, whatever.

It's already 2 o'clock and I'm still lost in those corridors. 

I continued to walk, turning right every single time though. If I go into only one direction I will eventually reach an end, right? I ain't got any better options so fuck it. 

After around 15 more minutes of walking, I reached the small glass window. Again. I kinda want to go on the roof again. I felt so at peace like nothing else really existed. 

I opened the small window again and went under it. 

I quickly realized however that I wasn't the only there.

"Thought you'd come to apologize" a deep voice welcomed me and I froze recognizing it way too well.

Oh no.

It's Hadley.

Fuck. 

Can I still make a run for it? Out here, I'm defenseless against Cato Hadley. He can snap my neck at any time. And I'm done without even having a chance to fight for my life.

The blond boy slowly turned around, but as soon as he saw me his eyes widened and then darkened.

"Oh, it's you." he managed to say and I didn't move. I didn't know whether to go sit next to him or stay by the window, so I just kept steady. 

"Yeah," I said after taking a deep breath, "Who did you think it was?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"Clove, of course, your fellow partner in crime," he answered and I shivered at the dangerousness with which he said it. His voice was soft like velvet, but I could feel the venomous note in it which alarmed me that he was unpredictable and that I couldn't let my guard down. 

"Only she knows this place, we come here every evening"

"To do what?" I asked a bit suspicious.

"Talk" he shrugged.

"Sorry to disappoint then" I replied and he turned around, his icy eyes meeting mine.

"Not disappoint, but surprise. What are you doing here?" he questioned. Okay, the conversation is going fine for now. I noticed he had changed his clothes too. 

"I just want to get away from everything and everyone, you?"

"Mmm same. A lot happened now and I don't want to deal with that."

"Yeah, I heard about the fights and mentors coming in," I replied without giving it a second thought. Cato raised an eyebrow and I added:

"Clove told me, I just met her in the corridor." 

"Oh, so you met her again? You seem to be having a good time together lately" he said, thinking.

"She's... interesting to be around," I said, not sure how to describe the sassy sociopath's company.

"For that, she is one of a kind. But I pick only unique people to surround myself with. She is my friend." he answered.

"You didn't seem very... friendly this morning," I said remembering his rage and how scared Clove was.