Chapter 30: Show them your best

ALL RIGHTS TO SUZANNE COLLINS!!! 😝😝😝

Cato's POV:

"WAKE UP CATO!" a loud voice screamed in my ear.

"JESUS CHRIST!" I yelled jumping out of my bed. "WHAT THE FUCK CLOVE!" I screamed after I saw Clove grinning next to my bed. 

"Hehe, it's examination day" she replied, smiling widely and obviously very happy that she scared the living shit out of me.

"That is not an excuse for your inadequate behavior!" I rolled my eyes and she just laughed.

"Whatever, we're waiting for ya for breakfast" she stated and quickly exited the room.

Ugh, "breakfast".

I prefer to eat it alone, by myself, and sometimes Clove.

I quickly got dressed and came downstairs.

"Finally, you've graced us with your presence" Enobaria's cold voice welcomed me. I simply nodded in her direction. I'm not in the mood of responding, I'm still very damn tired.

"So, what are you going to show the game makers today?" Brutus started looking at me. I was just about to begin with my explanation when Clove interrupted me.

"I am going to go through an obstacle course and finish with throwing knives at standing and moving targets"

"Well that sounds like a plan, hope for a 9 or 10" Enobaria shrugged in approval. 

"9 or 10? Why not 11!" Clove growled.

"You need more for an 11, no one has gotten one in a long time. Brutus and I both got 10s" Enobaria explained and Clove just kept silent but glared at the ground in disagreement.

"And you Cato?" Brutus asked.

"I'm thinking of showing my sword skills against a few dummies, maybe my strength with heavy lifting and I'll make it up on the spot" I stated leaning back in my chair.

"Cato, you can't just 'make it up on the spot'!" Brutus exclaimed pressing two fingers on his forehead. 

"Well too bad, because that's exactly what I'll do," I said with a slight smirk on my face. 

Cato, you can't do this, you can't do that, please.

Watch me.

I quickly ate the rest of my breakfast in silence.

"Clove?" I raised an eyebrow towards my district partner after I noticed she had finished her breakfast as well. She nodded in my direction, telling me that she's ready to go.

"Good luck," Brutus and Enobaria said at the same time as Clove and I were about to leave. We looked at each other and burst into laughter.

I didn't even need to say that we didn't need luck. I just looked at Brutus and Enobaria, confidence in my eyes, a smile on my lips and I knew I radiated that all-powerful energy. And I liked it.

Without any more words, Clove closed the door behind us. 

We walked into the elevator and the waiting room in silence. We had to wait for our examinations. The tributes were called in the examination room by peacekeepers. We wouldn't have to wait for long because they went in order of districts. And us, being from District 2, didn't have to wait a lot. Glimmer and Marvel were first of course. And Everdeen and Loverboy last.

When we came into the room, I noticed that almost everyone was already there. We usually come first, before everyone else, along with the tributes from district 1.