Chapter 6: The Parades

ALL RIGHTS TO SUZANNE COLLINS!!! 😝😝😝

Clove's POV:

The Capitol. We were finally there. Just a few more days until we get to the arena. I can't wait to win and go back home. And most importantly to show my parents that I'm a winner. That I'm strong. Everybody was against me volunteering because I'm only 15, but my parents pressured me a lot into volunteering. Now I'm going to show them that I can win on my own. Too bad Cato's here too. We've been friends ever since I can remember and he has helped me with so many things. I have to be careful with him though. I've trained with him and I know he will try his hardest to win and he will not show any mercy. Not even towards me. Cato Hadley is extremely dangerous. Even though I know that, I always feel the urge to irritate him on purpose. Well, that's what friends do, right? And now I have found the perfect moment to do that: he's been staring at that girl from district 12 for a bit too long.

"Aw, Cato has a crush?" I ask teasingly and laugh. He doesn't find it funny though and glares at me.

"She wishes" he replies darkly.

"Oh, I bet she does. Because ALL of the girls are head over hills for Cato Hadley"

"Good to see you've finally learned something" he says and I smile.

"We arrived," I say and turn away pointing at the window. We go to the window and start waving at the people cheering for us. Cato winks at some girls and some of them faint. I'm not the seducing or likable type so I just firmly smile and wave. 

Tonight was time for the parades. That was the time to make a forever lasting impression. Cato and I were dressed as gladiators in shining armors. First went Glimmer and Marvel and were welcomed by a cheering with excitement crowd. When we went in the clapping became even louder, but when district 3 entered the people's excitement lowered. Yeah, district 1 and 2 were the most interesting ones as one of us was going to win the Hunger Games. 

The clapping eventually became even more silent to the point where some of the people weren't even clapping anymore. I smiled. Yep, no competition as usual. But then something unexpected happened: the clapping rose again and this time it was a hysterical excitement that I could read through the faces of the people. What was happening? I couldn't look back though, I had to look straight. When we arrived I turned around and saw that same girl from district 12. The district 12 tributes were.... on fire! Ugh, they just stole all of the spotlight. Doesn't matter. I'll show them what I can do in training. I'm not going to get outshone by an outlying district. I turned around to look at Cato, but I see him starring at district 12 again.

-----------------------------------------------

Well this chapter was different! Clove's POV. Now at least we know why she volunteered and understand better the way she thinks.

💋I will try to update regularly! 💋

😻Thank you all for taking a bit of your time to read my sixth chapter!😻

🤩Comment what you think and how I can improve it! I'm open to your ideas!🤩

💡Why is Cato staring at Katniss?💡

😉Is Clove jealous of Katniss because she gets Cato's attention?😉