Chapter 22: A black haired god

ALL RIGHTS TO SUZANNE COLLINS!!! 😝😝😝

Cato's POV:

"I'm going to be the one to kill her in the arena" I warn and Clove simply nods. It was true. I was the one that started this and I will end it.

Clove and I walk back into the training grounds. But as soon as I open the door, I realise that there was not a single soul in the training centre.

"Guess training for today's over" she says as she began walking to the door.

"Since when did you start refusing additional training?" I ask. Clove and I literally spent every second and every free minute that we had training.

"I'm tired, Hadley, hit me up with your bullshit later!" she yells as she closes the door behind her.

I sigh and get back to my training. Yeah, I've known her for as long as I can remember, but she's been acting weird lately. I hope it's nothing. 

I grab the nearest sword and one after the other the dummies sink into the ground. After an hour of training and sweat, I decide that I've been training enough for today.

I exit the training centre and as I enter the elevator I try to think of what the "special event" tonight will be. But most importantly, I'm thinking of how I'm going to face the mentors. I really hope that Clove had kept her damn mouth shut and hadn't told Brutus and Enobaria anything.

I open the door of the apartment and come in. Clove, Brutus and Enobaria were all sitting on the couch and turned their head to me synchronically. 

"Look who decided to show up." Clove says, smiling slightly.

"Well, unlike some I never refuse additional training," I say and wink at Enobaria. She smiles faintly, in an odd way though: revealing her canines as if defying me slightly.

Without any more words, I head to the bathroom. 

After a few minutes, I went back to my room and laid down. Exhausting day, indeed. Ugh god. The worst part is that there's this "special event tonight". I am SO not in the mood for President Snow's "event".

But I didn't have any choice did I?

With a sigh, I get dressed. Well, not exactly dressed. I mean, I put some pants on, but don't even bother choosing a shirt. I mean, should I care? I was fit anyways.

I walk back in the hall and suddenly realise everybody was sitting around the dining table... and both tributes and mentors from 1 were also here. 

As I open the door, everyone's attention turned to me. Cashmere's and Enobaria's eyes widen, while Glimmer chokes on her water. 

Only Clove seems satisfied and I smirk at her, while she just rolls her eyes, a smile on her lips. 

"Did I miss something?" I ask, running a hand through my still wet hair. Clove snickers, while Gloss speaks up. 

"Yes, in fact, Mr Hadley. You were supposed to show up to discuss the upcoming event. On-time. And in appropriate clothing." he said, obviously pissed. Damn, someone's jealous. Sorry, but not everyone can have a body like mine. 

Instead of apologising, I smirk at him.

"Actually, Mr. Summers, I was addressing my mentors," I respond and he shoots me a glare. I catch Glimmer staring at me, but this just puts a larger smile on my face. 

"Sit down, Cato," Brutus says and I nod. 

"I'm sorry that you have to repeat everything dear, but some find it difficult to arrive on time." Gloss speaks again, addressing Enobaria. Okay, this guy was beginning to piss me off.