Chapter 12: I'm something

ALL RIGHTS TO SUZANNE COLLINS!!! 😝😝😝

Katniss' POV:

I'm screwed. I just missed my hit. And I wasn't even close to hitting the target! Ugh and the careers are laughing at me. 

"NEED SOME HELP 12?" Cato shouts. Shut. Up. I glare at him and he laughs even more. No. There's no way I'm giving them that satisfaction. I'm not going to give anyone the satisfaction of laughing at me. After everything I've done and been through, I won't let anybody consider me as weak or laugh at me. Fists clenched, I walk over to the archery station. I'm going to show them.

Peeta shoots me a confused and don't-do-it look, but I ignore him. I'm too angry right now. I grab the first bow, get an arrow and position my arrow. The careers start laughing even more. I can see that Glimmer is a bit nervous, but was still laughing almost hysterically. I can't wait to wipe those smiles off their faces. I pull the string and aim for about 2 or 3 seconds and then shoot. Bullseye. Of course.

I smirk at the careers who were starring at both me and my arrow in disbelief. Cato said something that I could interpret as "beginner's luck" or "that was accidental" or even "bet she can't do it again". 

And since I love proving the whole world wrong, I take another arrow and shoot. I shoot. Shoot. Shoot and shoot. I turn back to the careers. I shot all of my 5 arrows at the bullseyes of the targets. I make a sarcastic bow, while looking straight into Cato's cold eyes, defying him. I smirk and walk out of the training center, since training was almost over and I needed a dramatic effect. 

I don't care about what Haymitch said.

All that mattered to me then and there, was proving that I'm something.

-----------------------------------------------

That was short. I just wanted to make this clarification before continuing with Cato's POV. Thank you. A longer Cato's POV is coming up.

💋I will try to update regularly! 💋

😻Thank you all for taking a bit of your time to read my 12th chapter!😻

🤩Comment what you think and how I can improve it! I'm open to your ideas!🤩

👍Don't forget to vote on your favorite chapters!👍

💭Katniss won't let anyone see her as weak after everything she's done (taken care of her family, volunteered for Prim). Would you have done the same thing as her or would you have listened to Haymitch's advice?💭