Chapter 5

~ With Chihiro ~

3rd-person POV
   Chihiro was able to make it to the train, alongside her was Boh, who turned into a mouse, Yubaba's pet bird, which turned into a small fly, and No Face, who after swallowing workers at the bathhouse and barfing them back up thanks to the herbal cake Chihiro gave him, he was fine.

   The train came to a screeching halt, and Chihiro got up. "This is our stop." She said as she got off of the train. After a bit of walking, the group encounters a bouncing lamp.

Author-chan: Hey, Pixar.

   The group followed the lamp which lead them to the small, yet comforting home of Zeniba. "Here we are." Chihiro said as she walked towards the house, and knocked the door. "Hello?" She called, and the door opened.

   "Oh, it's you. Please, do come in." Zeniba greeted as the group walked into her home. "So, why are you here." Zeniba asked as the group sat down for tea. "Um. I'm Sen. I wanted to give you this back," Chihiro said, holding out the gold seal.

   "And to say sorry for Haku for stealing it, and for (y/n) who burned your slug." Chihiro explained as Zeniba broke out into laughter. "O-oh that s-slug wasn't m-mine! I-it was Yubaba's way of controlling Haku! A-and s-she burned it!" Zeniba laughed.

   After calling down a bit. "Ah... Anyway, speaking of which, where is that fox?" Zeniba asked. "Oh, she stayed behind to watch Haku. She was really worried about him. If I give you back the seal, could you heal him, please?" Chihiro begged as the witch kindly smiled.

   "Ah, about that. He's already healed." Zeniba said, shocking the young girl. "What? How?" She asked. "Well, I know that the two spirits don't necessarily like each other, but from what I can tell, they've grown closer since you got here." She said.

   "Really?" Chihiro asked. "Really." Zeniba confirmed. "I miss my little (y/n). She really has changed." Zeniba said. "Um, Zeniba." Chihiro started, but Zeniba interrupted. "Please Sen dear, you can call me granny." Zeniba told her.

   "Okay. Um granny, how do you know (y/n)?" She asked. "Well, after she first came here, she told me that her friend had left her to learn magic, and that she was all alone." Zeniba said. "Was the friend Haku?" Chihiro asked as the witch nodded.

   "After coming to me for help, I decided to let her live with me. She's like my child." Zeniba said. Chihiro smiled as Zeniba set up knitting tools for the other spirits. "Hey granny." Chihiro called. "Yes dear?" "Could you tell me more about (y/n)?"

   Zeniba chuckled. "Of course."

~ Earlier at the Boiler Room ~

   Haku grumbled as he woke up. Only feeling a slight bit of pain compared to before as he tried to open his eyes. That when he realized that one of his hands was later onto something... fluffy.

   When he was finally able to open his eyes, a voice talked to him. "Oh, your awake." Kamaji said as he turned around to face the boy. "What? Where- the boiler room?" He asked as he sat up.

   "Wait. Where's Chihiro? Where's (y/n)? I need to-" "Chihiro went to Zeniba. And (y/n)," Kamaji started as he pointed to Haku's left. "Is right there." He said. Haku turned to his side, and sees that his hand was rested on top of the soft white fur of a nine tailed fox.

   He gently pet her head as she slept, and as he did, she moved a bit closer to him. "She stayed there by your side as you were unconscious." Kamaji said. "She did?" Haku asked as the fox slowly woke up. As she made eye contact with Haku's, her eyes went wide.

   Quickly shifting back into human form, and tackled him in a hug. "You're still alive! I was so worried!" She cried, but stuttered as her embrace loosened a bit. "A-ah, sorry," she started as she began separating from Haku.