Chapter 12

3rd-person POV
It was the next day, and another day to think about her next move. Kitsu got up from bed, or floor, and got ready for the day, however, the pain caused by the slug she was told about had come back since yesterday, when she told Kamaji the truth, or at least some of it.

   At first, it was the ringing. Kitsu thought nothing of it, until the ringing became louder, and louder. And adding onto that, the pain that she had experienced all over her body not too long ago also came back, this time in waves.

   "Ah! Ow... why is it hurting now?" Kitsu cursed quietly as she held her side. She hunched over, trying to see if the pain would go away, but it never did. Her breathing became shortened as the pain writhed within her body.

   The pain was most prominent in her stomach and side region. Not recalling getting injured in either region, Kitsu went to check on her stomach, slowly unraveling her Kimino.

   What she saw shocked her. At the center of her stomach, was a huge dark patch that was same color of the slug, a very dark brownish purple, almost black.

   Other decent sized patches surrounded the huge spot of corruption on her stomach, and were beginning to spread.

Author-Chan: Example, blight from Noragami except a bit different.

   At the sight of it, she hunched over, and began to gag. Though nothing came up, the pain continued. The mere sight of it made her feel sick, sicker than ever. Then, she realized something horrible.

   'Yubaba didn't plant this curse to punish me...' Kitsu thought as she gripped the sides of her head. 'She did this...' Her thoughts continued as she felt pain on her wrist, and turned to look at it, seeing more of the dark patches spreading.

   "S-she did this... to kill me..."

~ Timeskip ~

   The fox panicked. Her life was slowly being drained from her by the slug, and it would make it worse if more people learned of the truth. "What am I supposed to do!" The fox yelled as she walked back and forth.

She crouched on the floor just outside of the small minka house. "I'll have to go out for gold again in a couple of days..." She whimpered as she continued to look at the dark purple patches corrupting her body.

   As she watched the corruption on her arm, she became angered as the pain slowly faded away. Her arm clenched into a fist, her nails digging into her palm as her rage continued to build up. "... Yubaba!!!!!" She yelled as she quickly shifted into a fox.

   Trying to fly, but feeling that her magic was becoming less and less affective, decided to run down the mountain all the way to Yubaba's office.

   Once again, she crashed though the window as the witch screamed in surprise. "KITSU! WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING!?!?" The witch blabbered as the fox glared at her.

   Her body slowly shifted back to human, and her glare became more prominent than ever, as her (e/c) eyes glowed once more. "What have you done to me..." She cursed under her breath, almost in an angered mumble as she mustered all of the fire that she could with the magic that she had left.

"Come again? You'll need to speak up you brat." Yubaba cursed back as Kitsu's pupils nearly disappeared. She revealed her arms, and now her legs, revealing the bruise like corruption that was slowly spreading from her stomach outward.