Chapter 9

YAYYYY!!!! Another chapter!!! Sorry for the very, VERY long wait everyone. I've been working on some self-improvement, and I've been getting better. My family and I are getting ready for vacation, and I'll be sure to update during this time.

Thank you for being patient. I love you~
___________________________
3rd-person POV
   "Kitsu?" Haku asked as he slowly walked towards her. (y/n)'s breathing became shaky, her vision in the same condition as her breathing, in addition of being unstable as she looked at the boy she cared so much for.

   "Kitsu? Do you still remember me?" Haku asked, looking at her with wide eyes as he placed a hand gently on her cheek. Instantly, she grunted in pain as her body collapsed on itself and onto the floor. "Agk!"

   "Kitsu!" Haku yelled as he crouched in front of her, holding her shoulder. "Are you alright?" He asked her in panic. As he stared into her eyes, they showed a look of pain, sorrow, as well as panic.

   Quickly trying to escape from the pain, (y/n) shifted into a fox, and sprinted out of the hall. "Kitsu!" Haku's voice called as the spirit ran through the many halls of the bathhouse, the river spirit desperately chasing the fox through the halls.

   'Avoid him... avoid him... avoid him...' The fox spirit kept repeating in her head as she ran through the halls. Slowly but surely, Haku eventually became unable to follow the fox spirit. As this happened, the pain in the fox spirit's side was dissipating.

   Once Haku was completely gone, she collapsed against a wall, and cried. Hot tears running down her face as she remembered the look of hurt on Haku's face when she ran off.

   'J-just make t-this pain go a-away... m-make the p-pain s-stop...' (y/n) painfully thought to herself as she cried.

   "So... you saw him." A voice said in front of her as she looked up to see the person that she hated the most. Yubaba grabbed the fox spirit's face with her two fingers, and smirked at the tears running down from the spirit's face.

   "Hurts. Doesn't it?" Yubaba asked mockingly as she roughly jerked the spirit's face to the side as she let go. The spirit rubbed her cheek as she glared at the witch. "Keep it up, kid. You'll end up in more pain than you'd want to end up with." Yubaba threatened.

   Yubaba began to walk away, but not before saying one last thing. "There's no point in fighting back. You'll forget your loved ones soon enough. No one will save you. No one will remember you. And you'll stay with me." Yubaba said as the fox looked at her with wide eyes, and cowers in fear.

~ With Haku ~

   'I lost her... how could I lose her?...' Haku asked himself as he fell onto his knees and hands, his tears falling onto the wooden floor. Hearing something skip near him, he looked to his side to see Yu-bird, sharing his look of sadness.

   He sat up against the wall, and looked upwards, trying not to let anymore tears fall as he breathed in, and out.

   He held up the ticket into the air, above his face, and stared at the ticket. "Why did she run from me?" He asked himself, wanting an answer, but unfortunately was unable to get it.

   He sighed sorrowfully as he let his hand fall to the side in defeat. 'She really did forget me.' He thought as his eyes trailed down towards the tickets. 'I want to help her... but I have to go to Zeniba's in order to stay safe...'