C H 6 : Favorite

(>:3 warning: slight mentions blood)

** Third Person's P.O.V **

Palette's knees weakened underneath him. He now knows the sole reason why he puked out blood, it horrified him to the fullest. He couldn't even bear to look at the results anymore.

Results:

Disease

Hanahaki

More info:

Although it's very common, the only way to cure it is through surgery or your romantic feelings to the other is returned [keyword: Redamancy]. If you refuse to take the surgery, you'll die. [Updated yesterday]

Click to read more

Tears brimmed from his eye sockets once more.He couldn't believe it, he doesn't know what other people would think of him now, just the mere thought of dying because your crush doesn't love you back. He thought this disease was fiction, but here he was, at the start of the first stage of dying.

He sat there for a few minutes, staring onto the floor of his apartment, contemplating on whether or not he should tell his friends and family about this.

And he decided not to.

He clicked the ‘Read more’ so he could understand more of what it is.

Type of flower

The kind of flower that you puke out depends on the person that you have romantic feelings for, if their favorite flower is roses, you're more likely to puke out the said flower, if the person doesn't have a favorite flower, it's either a flower that represents whatever feeling that you want or need to fulfill with that person (examples: success, forgiveness, trust, etc.,)

Remedies

There's some remedies for hanahaki, although they're all temporary so it won't last long at all. Coughing is a common symptom and it's not gonna end until your romantic feelings for that person is returned or if you took surgery. Puking is the main symptom, puking it out is necessary because the flower grew on your lungs—the reason for shortness of breath—therefore you puke it out along with blood to symbolize how painful it is for your feelings has never been returned (-yet in some cases).

Links: https: remediesforhanahaki.com

Cases:

A lot of people died from hanahaki, so far, the counted deaths around the globe has escalated from 0.001%. This year, it has gone up a little higher, around a hundred cases of hanahaki, only a small amount of individuals survived from hanahaki.

Death count:          Male            Female

35,678                     17,184       18,700

Fact: half of the people's love never knew they died because of the disease.
romantic
Fact: a quarter of the people are hopeless romantics
Facts: almost everyone refused surgery.

Palette's eye sockets widen from the statistics before him, that's a lot of people who refused surgery and only painfully anticipated for their love to return their feelings. Palette couldn't believe it, soon he's going to be part of the statistics.

He just hoped it won't be part it. He didn't want to, he was too young to die, his excuse not mine. He was about to stand up, having enough of it until he felt himself cough violently, blood spewing out of his mouth once more, just like yesterday night. He immediately rushed to the bathroom, puking out his insides, his throat burning from the sensation. He hated it, but knowing the reason, he couldn't help but admire the flowers that he puked out.

It was blue. He wondered what kind of flower it is. It was beautiful even when it's covered in his own blood.

Maybe he should ask Xahji about it, but how? He doesn't have connections to her at all, he just felt like giving Goth space because he didn't want to invade it. But he really wanted to know.

—Time skip—

“Hello?”

“Hey, Fresh, sorry about yesterday, I overreacted, I guess.”

“Oh, it's fine, we all have those times, so, what do you need?”

“—HURRY UP, I WANT MY CUDDLE SESSION NOWW—”

“Okay, okay, I just wanted one simple question. And that is, do you think Goth has a favorite flower? I wanna leave it in his front porch tomorrow, like a small gift or something.”

“Awwww! That's so adorable, I wanna do the same. And to answer your question, yes, he does have a favorite flower. And I happen to know it by eavesdropping, so his favorite flower is forget-me-not, the name is odd but its real.”

“Aww, thanks! That helped a lot!”

“You're welcome, sweetie. I'm glad it helped.”

“Bye!”

“Bye, sweetheart—HEY I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN CALL YOU THAT—”

—ends call—

Palette let out a silent ‘yes’ knowing Fresh fell for it. He opened his browser to see how forget-me-nots look like.

Surprisingly, it looks the same flower he puked out earlier

“What a beautiful flower.”