C H 18 : Missing

(In which They realize that Palette is missing and is searching for him, Goth was so guilty, he went back to Palette's apartment just to get his diary and research more about him, silently falling in love)

** Goth's P.O.V **

"What's wrong with all of you?"

That one hit me hard. I tried to reach out to him and yell out his name but he just ignored us. It was our turn to the ferris wheel but we didn't care. We wanted to fix this problem right here, right now. I ran after him but he's going so fast I barely caught up to him. Giving in, I could feel tears threaten to escape. I let it out.

Why am I so dumb?

We were too obvious! I guess we just made a plan with a flawed system. I forgot were not supposed to talk about it yet, we just need to report to each other if we witnessed it or not and we did. Xahji yelled out my name, I turn to her, sobbing onto her shoulder. She tried to comfort me but nothing works.

I sobbed and sobbed. They dragged me into a corner where no one can see my sadness. I wish Palette would just listen to us and tell us the truth. There's no point in hiding it, we'll always find out sooner or later. This wouldn't have happened if only I didn't snoop around Palette's room, or make Xahji cry. Everything is my fault, everyone should blame me for it. They got into this mess because of me, if only I kept my mouth shut, I would've solved the problem myself.

We decided to go home, maybe we'll be able to fix this mess if Palette doesn't go too far. I heard that you could get lost wherever Palette went off to. I'm pretty sure he went back home, because...

Who doesn't?

Next morning

We all were at Palette's doorstep. We tried to ring the bell but he never and answered. He didn't block any of our contact numbers which was strange, the door was oddly unlocked as well. We opened the door, the place was the same. It was just plain, empty and dull. I walked towards his room and surprisingly, he wasn't there.

Something is very wrong here.

I walked towards his workplace while the others searched in the kitchen and bathrooms.

He wasn't here either.

He didn't go into that forest didn't he?

Out of panic, I grabbed his diary, informing everyone that he didn't come home at all. He went to the forest.

We all drove to the police station, telling them that Palette was missing. But we didn't tell close family members or they'll freak out. I sat at the police station's interrogation room, telling them what happened. They were very calm and understanding, and they told me that everything was going to be alright. They also told me that were gonna release a search party somewhere in the woods and that he didn't go any farther than the border where most deaths have been counted.

Currently monster 75 deaths and only 1 human. Some lived but I hope Palette was one of them.

I opened his diary out of curiosity. What else has he been hiding from me?

Dear Diary
3/12/1X
Monday, 5: 30 PM

I just witnessed something horrible today in school. I saw Bunny flirting with Goth! My Goth, but who am I kidding?

He's not mine.

Never will be.....

♡♡Palette♡♡
xoxo

Dear Diary
3/13/1X
Tuesday, 6: 32 PM

I just witnessed it again. This girl better stay away from my Gothy! But then again, he's still not mine and I am never his.

We're not meant to be.

♡♡Palette♡♡
xoxo

Dear Diary
3/14/1X
Wednesday, 7: 33 PM

Bunny finally left Gothy, alone. I was eavesdropping with their conversation but I didn't hear much, I know I'm not supposed to but I stopped eavesdropping Goth's conversation with people. I wanted to respect his privacy.

♡♡Palette♡♡
xoxo

Dear Diary
3/15/1X
Thursday, 8: 36 PM

Everyday, I pass by, Goth. I felt like we had a connection, but we're never destined to be together. I know so, I also heard that we have the favor the same author? But I don't think it's true. I also heard that he recently read a story called 'Hold My Hand' which is a romantic novel. I never knew he read those but, he's not the type to read those if he actually liked someone.

♡♡Palette♡♡
xoxo

Dear Diary
3/16/1X
Friday, 9: 40 PM

This is the last day I get to see, Goth. And then I come back to school to see him again. I wish that I could maybe be with him all the time, where nothing tears us apart?

But then again. He doesn't like me, and I recently found out he is straight but not only that.

He doesn't like me for some reason. That broke my heart into a million pieces. Indubitably, he we're not soul mates or anything.

We're not supposed to go beyond 'acquaintances'

♡♡Palette♡♡
xoxo

I skipped a few pages, learning more and more about him. Not realizing that I was slowly starting to fall in love.