1- New Day on Set

☆✩ღ☆✩ღ☆

My eyes scanned the hallway as I stepped onto my new job, red lockers lined the sides, only one bright pink one standing out from the crowd. East High, Salt Lake City. Exactly like it was in the movies, only this time I was here.

I'd applied to play the role in the tv show based on High School musical and that's all I knew until today. And here I was, stood in the exact same places people like Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens stood, I could image them walking down the hallway now.

'High school musical: The musical: The series. Season 2. Day 1.' Signs were up everywhere, showing people where to go- down the corridor to the famous dining hall. I could do that, I just had to make sure my mouth didn't drop open as soon as I walked in. I wasn't dressed fancy, just a pair of old converse, blue jeans and one of my mom's old jumpers.

My trainers slid across the newly polished floor and I had to make sure I walked slowly so I had no chance of slipping . The red doors at the end of the hallway were closed when I got to them, the silver bars shining under the bright lights. I itched to open them but I didn't want to look too desperate by opening them too fast, I couldn't do with first day embarrassment. I've had enough of that in my life; first day of high school for example, when I slipped in the corridor and spilt my milkshake all over me and everyone around. Yeah, never lived that one down.

The light shone in my eyes as soon as I pushed the handles down, blinding me for a split second. Wow. This is what it's like. The hustle and bustle of other co-stars greeting each made the electricity in the air rise, and the camera crew were already starting to set up.

I wandered over to the group closest to me who told me they were the dancers for the show, all introducing themselves and being nicer than I thought. I knew they'd come in handy with lessons, as I couldn't dance to save my life! As I excused myself from them I saw a curly haired boy sat by himself on the steps, guitar in hand, and i can't lie, he was pleasing for the eye. I decided to take a wander over and introduce myself to him, converse shuffling across the shiny surface.

"Hi, I'm Thea", I spoke softly as to not scare him out of his daydream.

"Oh hi, I didn't see you walk over. I'm Joshua by the way" He spoke, a slight deepness to his voice, but not too much to make him sound old. I couldn't see him being a day over 20. Wait.

"Joshua who, may I ask?" I knew this conversation would be awkward, but I couldn't act as if I didn't know him.

"Umm, Joshua Bassett." He replied hesitantly.

"Wait Joshua as in J-baby?" I left the nickname in mid air, waiting for his reply.

"Thea, it can't be. You've changed so much, not in a bad way i mean, umm...you look good, yeah really good." He seemed speechless.

Joshua Taylor Bassett, my old best friend who I grew up with and unexpectedly developed feelings for, left me out of the blue, no explanation, he just upped and left. Least to say I was heartbroken. But i felt there was a reason fate had brought us together again and I had to reconcile this relationship again. I didn't realise how much I'd missed him until now, my heart had ached for so long to have this conversation, I didn't know how long I'd prayed for him to text me, but all I could do was listen to his songs and stalk him on Instagram, watching his followers increase day by day. I cannot believe I didn't recognise him.

"Joshua!" Someone called from the other side of the hall. "We gotta get going to the trailers, bring the new girl with ya."

" I guess we gotta go, you coming?" He asked me, not giving me full me eye contact.

"Yeah, just give me a sec." I replied, letting him walk ahead so I could my head round this.

"Ok, don't wait too long." He said with a lopsided grin and started walking back toward the doors that I'd come through.

I guess we'll see how this all turns out, I wondered as I strolled through the doors behind his tall figure.

~~~~~~~

A/N: So this is my second work and isn't perfect. I'm learning as I go but love writing and thought I'd share a story. Hope you enjoyed the first chapter- there's more in store ;)