3- Fate

☆✩ღ☆✩ღ☆

"Can you actually believe I'm here?" I squealed to my mom through the phone. Her and my dad's face lit up my phone screen and it made me feel like I had a little part of them with me.

"I can't hunny. Me and your dad are so proud of you." She gave my dad a side nudge as she said it, as he was fixated on switching the tv channel. I had to laugh to myself, they hadn't changed.

"First day on set, I bet it's nerve-wracking but I'm sure my little peanut will pass it with flying colours and show everyone what she's made of." My dad said to me with a smile. I was known as dad's favourite in the family, I even took my 'dashing looks' from my dad as he would say. I mean I can't complain though, the love I had for him was endless.

"Of course I will, hopefully making some friends down the road. Oh and mom did you get that...wait hold on a minute someones at the door. Come in." I called from my seat, turning round so I could see who it was knocking at my door.

"Thea, we were wondering...wait is that your mom and dad?" Josh exclaimed as soon as he saw who was on my phone screen. Him and my dad were close when he used to be around. Constantly going to football and Hockey games with Josh's dad. I guess he missed them too.

"Oh my gosh Joshua!" My mum exclaimed, I could see her eyes lighting up as Josh walked closer and peered over me. Now is not the time for you to go and get all flustered Thea. He is just a boy who's leaning very close to you, smell's gorgeous and is talking to your parents. Oh who am I kidding, my heart is never going to beat slowly when he's around.

"Boy look how much you've grown." My dad said, earning a little smile from Josh. "Didn't think I'd see you for a long time. How've you been? You best not be messing with my daughter!" My dad spoke with a pointed look, throwing too many questions at Josh for him to awnser any.

"Everything's good sir. Don't worry" Josh said, when my dad had stopped his rambling.

"Umm, so did I forget to mention that Josh is a lead on the show?" I apologetically smiled at my mom and dad, hoping I'd be forgiven for not bringing up an important thing from the show.

"Really, so you'll be playing alongside Thea. That's brilliant. You can keep her sane." Did my mom think that was funny?

"Mom I am not going to go mental." I said as the same time Josh said, "Don't worry Mrs Blake, I'll make sure she doesn't go crazy." How could he! Did he find this funny? I elbowed Josh, earning a groan from the curly haired boy stood beside me, haha who's laughing now!

"Anyway, I'll let you three get back to whatever you were talking about before I interrupted. Talk to you guys later." He said with a wave to my mom and dad, who gladly returned one.

"See you later Josh." They both called.

I turned away from my parents to watch Josh walk out, the thought that he wanted to ask my something popping into my mind when I saw him touch the door handle.

"Josh?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"Did you want to ask me something?"

He looked at me blankly for a second, trying to remember what he wanted to ask.

"Oh yeah. Um, we were wondering if you wanted us to show you round the set."

"That'd be great, thank you. I'll be out in five, is that okay?"

"That sound's great." He said, his infamous grin once again returning as he turned to open the door. I could hear the laughter coming from the cast and them asking Josh what I'd said. I even heard Matt asking why he took so long, to which Josh replied 'FaceTime with the parents'. I felt safe enough to turn back around when I heard the door click shut, ready to awnser my mothers burning questions.

"Thea Ameila Blake, how could you forget to tell us that Mr Joshua Basset was working alongside you." I could see her eyebrow raising, as she spoke, no way she's letting me go easily on this one, especially not since she brought out the full name.

I reached for my perfume on the table, as my mom spoke again. "I mean I wouldn't complain if I was you though, look how handsome he is, even more than he was a few years ago." I stopped applying my perfume as she said this. It also made my dad stop and look at her funny.

"Wait, what. Mom I thought you'd be telling me off for not saying something right now, not gushing over how handsome he is, although I can't lie you are right, but that's beside the point. My question is who are you and what have you done with Anna." I exclaimed, laughing at my mother, who was currently sat smiling at me.

"Look darling, I love you and I want you to enjoy your time in Utah, and because of this I'm saying you should let your hair down and have a bit of fun. Go out when its your day off, spend time with the cast, maybe get to know this new Joshua and forget the bad bits about the old one"

"And I promise I will mom, but what if he does it again. We work together and he leaves, just disappears. I don't think I can go through with that again. You know how heartbroken I was last time."

"I do hunny, but I believe in fate, and there has to be a reason you're both here together." She said with a smile. "Anyways, me and your dad best let you go and explore the set with everyone else, call us when you can sweetheart."

"I will. I love you both." I called to them, praying for the day I can see them in the flesh again to be soon.

"Love you too." They both chimed simultaneously, just before the screen went blank.

My mom wanted me to have fun, and I promised I will. I could never break a promise. But as I stepped out of my room, all I could think about was her idea of fate. Maybe I was meant to be here for a reason.

~~~*~~~*

A/N: So Chapter 3 is here, a bit late. As of now I have 100 reads on this story and I know it's not a lot, but I didn't even expect one person to read it. So thank you to whoever is reading this right now.

Also 'Common Sense', what do you guys think? I personally love it, and am so proud of him !

See you in the next chapter