Chapter 21

It was Monday morning and Pepper pushed Tony's meetings back so he could have a little more rest. He finished his antibiotics for his staph infection and he was going to have to keep changing bandages on his skin graft and his pain was only minor now but he was still going to take a few weeks to heal. Pepper helped him through the door and everyone stared at them.

Do they know? She wondered.

Surely they couldn't have seen anything. Only Dean and their close knit circle knew about them. She really didn't want people thinking she was sleeping her way to the top. They got into the elevators and once the doors shut Tony pulled Pepper in for a passionate kiss and he wrapped his hands under her and squeezed her butt. She pushed him away just as the doors opened and he was still plastered against her and they got some strange looks from some of the employees that got in the elevator.

"Thank you Miss Potts. I'm still unsteady on my feet" Tony said not being able to hide the desire in his eyes.

They had not made love since that first night. Pepper insisted no sex until he was better. But he had other plans for tonight.

"Of course Mr. Stark" she said not meeting his eyes.

Pepper could feel the eyes of everyone else in the elevator watching them. Once they got inside Tony's office she was gonna let him have it. The elevator opened and she helped Tony out. They walked over to his office and as they passed the receptionist she grabbed the mail off the table. Tony who had the attention span of a child had wandered off to eavesdrop on a group of his interns who were arguing. He was listening so intently that Pepper startled him when she grabbed him.

"You know she's right. I don't pay you guys to stand around. If you can't find work to do the door is that way" Tony said to the group of interns causing them to scatter.

"Inside NOW" Pepper said grabbing him and pushing him towards the door to his office.

They got inside and he shut the door behind him.

"Are you out of your mind?"

"Why because I told the lazy interns to do something? They deserved it" he said with a shrug.

"I'm talking about the elevator Tony" she said.

"Pepper I need to use the elevator. I can't walk" he said knowing he'd get a rise out of her.

He smiled as he waited for her explosion.

"Keep it up and you won't get laid again for the rest of the month"

"Never gonna happen I'm too irresistible" he said giving her the eyes that made him look like so adorable.

"Tony that was too close. We keep things professional at work. People have been staring and whispering since we got here. They already think I slept my way to the top. If you keep touching me and looking at me like that then they aren't going to take me seriously" she said.

"Have you looked at me? That's nothing new"

"You don't respect me at all. I don't know what I thought this was going to be but I didn't think it was going to be this" Pepper said as she headed for the door.

"Wait" he called.

Pepper turned to look at him half expecting an apology.

"I called for a press conference for two o'clock don't be late" he said.

"Of course not Mr. Stark" she said knowing how much he hated when she called him that and walked out the door.

Tony was sitting at his desk looking at pictures of Pepper when he got a text on his phone. It was from Tiffany.