Chapter 5:

Nash had Will spend the night so he could watch sky. Hayes was too young.

"Have fun. But not too much fun"

Will pushed us out the door. Nash just rolled his eyes and opened my door to the car

"My lady"

"Whoa there bud this is our first date you cant go claiming me yet"

Nash laughed loudly which made me laugh.

"Can i know where were going?"

"Nope its a suprise"

Nash reached over and turned the radio on. Luke Bryan was on and me and Nash started singing,loudly and terribly,but i know Nash didnt care how i sang. Like he was any better. Nash finally stopped the car. We were at a park. It was all lit up and it was really pretty. Nash grabbed my hand and we walked along the park. We chatted small talk but it wasn't awkward at all. We were just enjoying each others company.

After walking around the park for a while we went out to eat. It wasn't anything fancy which i don't mind. It was a cute little diner. After we got our food i started eating. Nash was staring at me

"Do i have something on my face?"

"No."

"Than why are you staring at me eat?"

"Most girls would only eat like a salad or something. Theres nothing wrong with that. I actually like it"

"Nash you've seen me eat before or did you forget?"

"No I'm just not used to it. Sorry"

"Theres nothing to be sorry about" i giggled a little "actually this date has been really fun. Thank you nash"

"So maybe they'll be a second?"

"For sure"

Nash smiled and we finished our dinners. Nash paid even tho i refused for him to. The ride home wasn't awkward at all. We were both sitting in silence again enjoying each others company.

"Bethany tell me about your family"

My palms started to get sweaty. What if Nash thinks of me differently when i tell him. I guess i can trust him.

"Its a long horrific story. I have a pretty messed up life"

"You don't have to tell me"

"No i want to"

"Im all ears"

"My mom and dad are divorced. Ever since i was 6. We lost my younger sister, Alaska to cancer and it was really hard on them both. My mom left me with my dad and i haven't heard from her since. She sends me a $50 check every birthday and christmas tho. My dad got remarried. He never had any more children. One day we were driving trying to find a bathroom for me. My dad was scared i was gonna pee myself and he was driving really fast. We crashed and he died. I was left to live with my step mom,Alyssa,who treats me like a slave."

"Im so sorry Bethany i didn't know. Im not gonna make you go back with that lady if she treats you like a slave. Your welcome to stay at my house. My mom will understand"

I started crying

"Thank you Nash. No one has ever cared about me in a long time"

"Don't worry ill care about you for a long time"

Nash grabbed my hand and squeezed it to comfort me.

We pulled up and Nash quickly ran over and opened my door for me.

"You're quite the gentleman"

"Thanks"

We walked inside and will told us sky and hayes went to asleep. We thanked him and he went up to his room.

"Thank you nash for everything tonight. It was amazing"

"Thank you for be amazing. I have a question Bethany"

"What?"

"My school has a dance every summer. Will you do me the honor of going with me?"

"Yes of course Nash"

"Thank you so much. Its next weekend"

"You're welcome. Im tired I'm gonna get ready for bed now. Goodnight"

"Goodnight beautiful"

I felt my face redden so i quickly went upstairs. I got ready and laid in bed. Tonight was the best date I've ever been on. I mean I've only gone on 2 or 3 but still this one tops them all. Im so excited for this dance. I slowly drifted off to sleep thinking about Nash