Chapter Thirteen

"So," Ivy said with a laugh, "you passed out in a crazy house, had a heartfelt moment with an edgy boy, and now you think that you have something important to do in Henrietta? The town with no historical evidence that Glend-whatever is even here?"
I sigh. It was around 7 pm at night, and I was beyond tired. School wasn't even close to done and not to mention my crazy brother searching for a dead king. Ivy was over for a sleepover, mostly because her constant thoughts of a certain, as Ivy calls him, "edgy boy."
"Well, I wouldn't be the one talking if I were you. From what Noah tells me, you and Adam are getting pretty close yourselves."
After I say this, Ivy's cheeks flare. She throws a pillow at me, making me lean back, laughing. "This isn't about me right now! This is about you and your crush on Ronan!"
I sit back up and put a hand over her mouth. "Shhhh! You're so loud!"
She starts giggling and gets off the bed. "Yeah, yeah. I'm going to pick out a movie, you go get some Poptarts."
I stand up and open the door to my room. The kitchen-bathroom-laundry room was a sharp right from my room, so it wouldn't take me long to get there.
I open the cabinet in the small room, to find an empty box of Poptarts, unless you count an empty pouch of crumbs with the word ANARCHY it.
"LYNCH!"
I hear the door to my room open, and Ivy appears in the doorway. "Why are we yelling? Is someone in trouble? Will I need popcorn?"
Another door from upstairs opens, and the head of Ronan Lynch pops out from behind a wall. "Am I in trouble?"
"If you stay up there, yes!"
Ronan groans and walks down the stairs. He had a gray t-shirt on, and gym shorts. His blue eyes somehow seemed brighter in the dim lights of Monmouth Manufacturing. "Why on Earth am I in trouble? I'm trying to feed Chainsaw!"
"And I'm trying to feed my guest! So tell me, why exactly is the Poptarts box empty?"
"'Cause I ate it."
"You knew I was having a sleepover tonight!"
Ronan sighed and rolled his eyes. "Just have something else!"
I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes. Ronan did the same. Who knows how long this could go on...
What I didn't notice was Gansey had also come downstairs to see what was going on. He stood beside Ivy, who had a look of agitation on her face. Gansey asked, "how long have they been doing this?"
Ivy sighed, "Five minutes."
Ronan finally turned around. "Ugh. Come on, I have another box in my room."
With a triumphant smile, I marched along behind Ronan. The two left in the kitchen just stared after them.
Gansey looked back at Ivy. "Who are you again?"

$-$-$-$-$-$

Back in Ronan's room, I looked around his room for the Poptarts. Something Ronan liked to do is make me look for things that he either took from me or bought for me that he hid in his room. And let me tell you, the Poptarts were hidden well.
"You're cold."
"Both metaphorically and literally."
I shiver a bit. Ronan's room had always been chilly, and I usually didn't come in here without a coat. Except it was 7:45 at night and I was in my pajamas, so...
I pick up a blanket on the floor, finding a box with bright white print labeled 'POPTARTS'
"I found them!" I said as I pick it up. As I turned around a warm piece of clothing was thrown on my head. I put the box under my arm and grab the clothing off my head. It was black hoodie with a picture of a skull on the front. I look at Ronan, who was looking away, a small tinge of red on his face. "You said you were cold."
"Well, that's a nice thing to do Ronan. Even for you."
"Get out of my room, Girl Gansey."
"Fine. Night, Bird Boy."
I left his room, but before I closed the door, I heard the tiny mumble of, "I hope you like it."