Chapter Nineteen

The next morning, I had to get up for school. Great. Maybe Ivy will tell me how her heist went...

     A knock on my door startled me. I was in the middle of brushing out my hair, so I looked like a strange baboon. I walked over and opened it, tying my hair into a ponytail. Gansey strutted into my room and sat down at my desk. "I need to borrow your desk for the week."

     ...

     Did I miss something?

     "Why?"

     Gansey looked back to me, like he wasn't expecting me to ask. He coughs, then explains how he ran out of space in his room. I sighed. "One week, that's it."

$-$-$-$-$

     Back at school, I was right about Ivy telling me about her breaking and entering adventure. During lunch, she told me the epic tale.

     "There I was, right? About to grab the key from the kid's pillow case, just about to grab the glory prize! Then, out of the blue, the phone rung. Bam! Kid wakes up, mom wakes up, dog wakes up; everybody's awake!"

     The pizza on her plate makes a small flip as she hits her hands on the table. "The only thing I can do? Break the window!"

     I face palmed. "Ivy, you said wouldn't break anything."

     "That's what I said, not what I did. Besides, it's not like I got in trouble or anything. They just thought it was a robber or something."

     I sighed and took a bite of my hamburger. Blue had gym class, so she couldn't exactly eat lunch with us. She does, however, show up at the last five minutes and power eat everything. 

     As if alerted by my thoughts, Blue ran to our table, a salad on her plate. She stuffed a fork full in her mouth, and asked Ivy, "Dib bue get de key?"

     Ivy nodded frantically and restarted her story, using bigger words each sentence.

     I sighed and finished my lunch. Grabbing my bag, I waved to the girls and headed to my next class. Mrs. Averies was waiting for me, a smile on her face. "(Y/N)! Sit, sit! We'll be learning about the history of Henrietta today!"

      Ugh.

$-$-$-$-$

     Once Ronan and I got home, he and Noah immediately started making ramps on the ground. "Why are we making these again?"

     "Science," replied Ronan.

     "Breaking things!" replied Noah.

     I looked back to Ronan, who held an annoyed look at Noah. "Science. Right."

     A bit later, Adam pulled up on his bike. "When is Gansey getting here?"

     "When did he say he'd get here?" I asked, a knowing look coming from Ronan, who was know underneath his car.

     "Three."

     I looked back to Noah, who was staring at the ramps, hands about ten inches apart, no tools in sight. Noah finally asked, "What are you planning with these things?"

     "Ramp. BMW. The moon," he said with a sly smirk.

     "Ooooh, no you are not!"

     "Yes I am."

     "The trajectory you're building doesn't suggest the moon," Adam replied. "It suggests the end of your suspension."

      I laughed at Ronan's sour face, only cracking up more when he kicks a ramp in my direction. "Alright, smarties, if you're so critical, help me."

     I rolled my eyes. "We should be studying. You have that Physics test next week."

     Ronan laughed and threw his arms out. "Don't you see, Girl Gansey? This is studying!"

     I sighed and leaned back in the grass, the blades tickling my face. I wouldn't mind staying here forever. An endless, just me, Ronan, my friends...

     My calming thoughts were interrupted when I felt someone jump on top of me. "Oof!"

     I sat up, and Ivy was shaking her hair free of grass. She smiled at me and said, "Where's the helicopter?!"

...

The WHAT?!